diy solar

diy solar

Big Battery 24v 170ah LifePo4 Power Block Settings

Smclark59

Suggestions for system settings for my 2 new 24v 170ah LifePo4 Power Blocks by big battery to be used with my Outback Power FlexPower One, VFXR3524A, FM80, 8-300w Canadian Solar Panels and off-grid with propane generator backup.
Any recommendations for system settings? Asked Big Battery, but not getting much support.
Steve

Is there something specific about any of the values that has your concern? Your questions is pretty generic. If longest battery life is a goal, you might set the max voltage per cell to 3.50, something less than the max the cell is specified for. I am working in a standby system and after it fully charges it settles to a lower voltage. Without any use it charges again the next day because the volts are down a little. I have not got to it yet but I am thinking about adjusting the value so it will allow it to just sit for a longer period without trying to top it off.

What should the Inerter, Charger Controller and FlexNet DC settings be for these new batteries. Can’t find any specific recommendations.

What should the Inerter, Charger Controller and FlexNet DC settings be for these new batteries. Can’t find any specific recommendations.
People have different opinions. Some batteries are a little different but in general most people don't go over 3.65v on the charge and not below 2.5v on the discharge, per cell. Max continuous current, max current, charge current, etc are posted under the electrical specs on the BigBattery web site.

Suggestions for system settings for my 2 new 24v 170ah LifePo4 Power Blocks by big battery to be used with my Outback Power FlexPower One, VFXR3524A, FM80, 8-300w Canadian Solar Panels and off-grid with propane generator backup.
Any recommendations for system settings? Asked Big Battery, but not getting much support.
Steve
Hi Steve,
I have the same system as you and I'm looking for the same info regarding changing out my L-16 batteries for (4) 170ah LiFePo4 from big battery. could you give me guidance as to how you ended up configuring the charge settings for your outback charge controler?
Thanks
Allan

Back