diy solar

diy solar

Big Battery 24V inconsistencies

Between my inverter, parallel box and the battery terminals I have a 0.2V difference. In order to hit 51.0V on the battery I need 51.2V absorb at the SCC. The parallel box, in-between the batteries and SCC reads 51.1V.

Maybe you're seeing voltage drop between the battery and SCC?

my first off the shelf battery was a UFO one, has a resent button built it.

My 2cnd was a BB one, and they wanted me to take it apart and disconnect wires to reset it (DOD).

I sent it back.

Yeh their price seems "good" till you factor in the horror of it not working as advertised and being out all that time/money.

Go with another brand, their are ones that will meet (or beat) the BB price.

You paying to ship it back?
They sent fedex to finally pickup the battery yesterday, so its on its way back at their expense. They told me during my support fiasco with them that last close to 2 weeks, that they would be paying shipping both ways and replacing it with a brand new unit as this was a defective brand new unit with no use on it at all.

However, my dealer who sold it to me has been working with me to get them to complete the rma because just me communicating with them directly, they were pretty much ignoring me completely the past few days aand wouldn't return my calls. Once my dealer got involved they finally started to communicate again and actually picked up the defective battery.

So I let my dealer know it was actually picked up and when I could expect my new battery to ship out since the ad one is now on its way back. They told my dealer they were going to try and fix the defective one and send it back. I told my dealer that they promised me a brand new unit and now their trying to send me back this repaired or refurbished unit how and its unacceptable. The dealer told me they are going to tell BB to keep their promise to me and let me know what they say. Im waiting on my dea,er to let me know what they tell them. I also told my dealer that if they dont keep thier promise to me then I must have a full refund as I won't accept that piece of garbGe unit back as a refurb when I paid for a new unit.

We will see how this unfolds...

I considered building it myself before I bought this one but decided against it because of the shady battery cell industry and the multitude of problems with cells so many people are having.

All in all I would like to build something if the parts needed weren't as difficult to obtain as a flux capacitor.

So, given others very similar and BAD experience your willing to accept a replacement instead of going with a company that sells for the same price with no real bad repeated experiences?

Ouch.

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me. Your first burn in this experience (at this point) should have came from people posting here.

So, given others very similar and BAD experience your willing to accept a replacement instead of going with a company that sells for the same price with no real bad repeated experiences?

Ouch.

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me. Your first burn in this experience (at this point) should have came from people posting here.
They way things are now in this country and how difficult it is to find a decent battery, I am willing to accept a new unit but not a failed reaired one from them.

At this point I would like to buy something else and I have heard others say the same thing but I do not know what these other options are. I have searched for months and couldn't find anything similar for the price, availability and features this had. I'm certainly open to alternatives but I am having no luck finding them myself.

Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate it.

I considered building it myself before I bought this one but decided against it because of the shady battery cell industry and the multitude of problems with cells so many people are having.

All in all I would like to build something if the parts needed weren't as difficult to obtain as a flux capacitor.

This cell vendor plus a BMS sounds like the way to go

Signature solar and their batteries..... Others out there as well. Will has (I believed) covered the Gyll battery before.

Signature solar and their batteries..... Others out there as well. Will has (I believed) covered the Gyll battery before.
Thanks, I did see some cool videos on these batteries and they even sell a rack for multiple units. However I could find nobody who had any in stock. Is there another source for these batteries?

The saga continues....

Despite BB promising me they would send out a brand new replacement battery once the defective one was picked up by their carrier, they have tried going back on thier word a few times now saying to my dealer they want to get the defective one back first and repair that POS and send it back to me. I had already told them that I will not accept that one back and my desler even told them to keep thier word to me.

Upon my dealer asking what the tracking number was for the replacement, they then told them that they need to wait no until the defective one gets back there on Thurs.

I just told my dealer its obvious what they are trying to do and that I wont be lied to anymore and either it ships out today with tracking number or I need a full refund.

We will see what my dealer tells me today when I get his response but I no longer have any trust in BB.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to make you happy, hope you continue to use them as a solid contact.

Mind sharing who the dealer is?

Sounds like the dealer is trying to make you happy, hope you continue to use them as a solid contact.

Mind sharing who the dealer is?
Yes the dealer has been responsive and trying to help me in dealing with BB. The dealer I'm working with is shopsolarkits.com and I am thankful they are trying to help me on this. Their help with this was part of the reason I didn't just cancel and ask for a refund. However I would like to keep my business with them so I hope they are successful in getting BB to honor thier promise to me.

I mean I can understand why they would want to see the broken battery before sending out the replacement. For all they know, it shows up with the lid removed and half the wiring cut. It's not an unreasonable expectation to wait until the broken one is in-house, and it's confirmed it's a warranty issue, prior to sending out the replacment.

Did the battery end up in the dealers hands before going off to BB? Typically that relationship of manufacturer and dealers have, the dealers word is enough to warrant no monkey business has happened to that unit.

Heaven forbid once the battery ends up in BB hands they don’t claim it was damaged in shipping. They then wash their hands and have the customer fight with the shipper for a damaged good claim.

I mean I can understand why they would want to see the broken battery before sending out the replacement. For all they know, it shows up with the lid removed and half the wiring cut. It's not an unreasonable expectation to wait until the broken one is in-house, and it's confirmed it's a warranty issue, prior to sending out the replacment.
Sorry but I disagree with your philosophy on this, as being treated as though someone who receives a brand new unit that is defective, is assumed to be guilty of tampering with it is just silly.

I realize there are unscrupulous people who do bad things and unfortunately that's sad but it doesn't automatically mean good decent people are doing that. This is why businesses have liability and loss insurance and if you think the cost os the products doesn't already have this factored in your mistaken. Remember if you went to a local store and bought a brand nee defective unit, you would bring it right back for a new one or a refund. When the company says one thing to me and another to the dealer in stark contrast, well then its not hard to figure out something is not on the level and it should not be the consumer who should suffer the consequences.

Now I do want my dealer and BB to make money and thrive. Heck, I wouldn't have purchased the unit if I didn't think there was value in the offerings and advertised service, but I expect them to be honest and support / standby the product and their word.

Even if you don't agree I hope you can understand my point of view as well.

Did the battery end up in the dealers hands before going off to BB? Typically that relationship of manufacturer and dealers have, the dealers word is enough to warrant no monkey business has happened to that unit.

Heaven forbid once the battery ends up in BB hands they don’t claim it was damaged in shipping. They then wash their hands and have the customer fight with the shipper for a damaged good claim.
No, BB sent fedex to pick it up and shipped directly to thier factory. My dealer has been very good trying to assist me in getting this resolved.

I actually just received and email from BB directly stating they shipped my brand new unit out today with tracking number and a video showing them testing my battery. The tracking shows eta of sat the 16th, so it looks like my dealer was successful in helping me and BB in the end is keeping their word to me.

Of course once it arrives and I see how it is then I will know for sure but so far so good today and I am thakful to my dealer and BB for finally doing the right thing.

Everyone needs to make a buck, at a certain point we’ll know how much BB needs to make their buck

Back