diy solar

diy solar

Big battery .com 48v li-ion power pack

welnat

Hi guys, I bought this:

to replace a failing battery on a ups.

Can any one advice a bulk and float voltage for these cells? Does anyone have any experience with them?

I've asked big battery for these details, via phone and email, and contact edward is sick, and I'm stuck and need to this battery up and running.

The bsm specification given from big battery has no value for temperature protect. Any one know if the bms has adjustible parameters?

Below is the information on the BMS below:

Discharge​
Continuous Discharging Current​
60 A​
Instantaneous Discharge Current​
120 A​
Charge​
Charging Voltage​
58.8 V​
Charging Current​
45 A​
Overcharge Protect​
Over-charge Detect​
4.28±0.05 V​
Protect Delay​
100 mS​
Over-charge release​
4.08±0.05 V​
Balance​
Detect Voltage​
4.2±0.025 V​
Release Voltage​
4.2±0.05 V​
Balance Current​
60±5 mA​
Over-discharge Protect​
Over-discharge Detect​
2.55±0.08 V​
Over-discharge Detect delay​
50 mS​
Release Voltage​
2.9±0.1 V​
Over-current Protect​
Detect Voltage​
150 mV​
Detect Delay​
15 mS​
Current Detect​
130±10 A​
Release Condition​
Cut Load​
Short-circuit Protect​
Protect Condition​
Cut Load​
Detect Delay​
200 uS​
Release Condition​
Cut Load​
Temperature Protect​
Temperature Protect​
/ ℃
Resistance​
Inner​
≤15 mΩ​
Self-Consumption​
Working Current​
≤60 uA​
Sleep Current (when Over-discharge)​
≤10 uA​
Working Temperature​
Range​
-30/+80 ℃​

Hope this helps!
Edward Bonilla | Business Development

Hello ,
I was able to speak with a technician Bruce at bigbattery and was given following values for the nissan leaf gen 1 48v battery:

bulk 58.5 and float 57.5v
bms temp cut-off is -20 to +55 Celsius
It has 4 x2kwh batteries which is 60% of original rated capacity minimum.

hope this is helpful to someone else

Welnat, how did you connect your battery inside? It ships with 4 SB50 cables in a bag with a key to the doors. Inside are 4 SB50 cables attached to the exterior plugs. I see the two female SB50 ports shown in the pictures, but not sure how these are to connect with the SB50 cables. I found the 4 switches and turned each one on to see the displays light up. If you have some information, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpg
    IMG_0841.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0842.jpg
    IMG_0842.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 8
I went ahead and connected 2 of the cables inside to the two inside connections. I turned on the 4 switches and checked the voltages on the two external ports for the internal connections I made. Both ports were hot. I purchased a 48V charger on ebay and used alligator clip jumper connections to connect the charger to one of the hot external ports. The battery started to charge and overnight. In the morning the green light was on at the charger and the battery was charged.IMG_0856.jpgIMG_0854.jpgIMG_0857.jpgIMG_0855.jpg

I used a midnite solar disconnecting combiner and two 100 amp double pole midnite breakers.
I then ordered 4 gauge wire from windy nation, and made up wires along with the sb50 connectors to plug into the unit.
has been working fine to power small utility shed light on timer for chickens.

Back