diy solar

diy solar

BigBattery 24V 4.3kW LiFePO4 keeping Temps above 32 Degrees with Heating pad

wtrey613

We plan to buy this LiFePO4 battery and store it in a shed outside (somewhat insulated). Only problem is that temps can get down to low 15s outside and low30s/High20s in the structure when we dont have the heat running. I would normally buy a heating pad but these batteries are incased in thier own cover.

Could I just tape/jerry rig the heating pads flush with the battery case? or is there something special I can buy to insulate and heat these batteries?

Battery Link

Battery Heating pad we plan on buying

Please let me know of any suggestions on heating these batteries.
Thanks.

We plan to buy this LiFePO4 battery and store it in a shed outside (somewhat insulated). Only problem is that temps can get down to low 15s outside and low30s/High20s in the structure when we dont have the heat running. I would normally buy a heating pad but these batteries are incased in thier own cover.

Could I just tape/jerry rig the heating pads flush with the battery case? or is there something special I can buy to insulate and heat these batteries?

Battery Link

Thanks.
What did you end up using?

Battery Link

Thanks.
Spend your money on a good insulated box. The price and heat levels of those pads are excessive. They look like big rig heat pads? There are 12 watt heat pads in 12 volt form or series for 24 volts they will provide plenty of heat in a sealed during winter box. Use a 12 or 24 volt stat on them. The stat and pads total maybe $40.
Tape them to the sides of the box not the battery. Mild heating. Low wattage. Good even control.
Just my suggestion.

Back