diy solar

diy solar

BigBattery Delivery Delay- Should I be concerned they are going out of business?

ICAWALDO

Hello- I've been learning alot from this forum but haven't ever registered/posted. I started my journey into solar in mid-may with an order of 4400 watts of panels from San-Tan, inverter from Watts247 and batteries from BigBattery. Due to the current supply environment, the panels and inverter took around 30 days to arrive which was expected. But BigBattery has not delivered the batteries and I'm beginning to think they are giving me the run-around. Should I be worried they've been using battery purchase revenue for expenses and payroll instead of product? I've given a bit more detail below.

They were quick to take the $4k in funds the day I ordered (5/18) but a month later, I didn't have any communications or shipping details. After 30 days, I sent them an email and finally got someone on the phone who told me the batteries I ordered (Hawk Max 2) would not be available for a long time. I downgraded my order to the Hawk Max batteries to speed up the process. Fast forward ANOTHER 30 days, still no communications or delivery details. I contacted them again and their excuse was shortstaffing. They assured me they would put my order on the truck that day. It's now almost ANOTHER 30 days (~90 days since order/payment) and I still haven't gotten the batteries or delivery details.

You are much more patient than I would be .... has it been too long, or do you still have the option to get your money back thru your credit card company? They are obviously not being honest with you.

They seem to be saying whatever they have to to keep you off their back as long as possible.

If you search this forum for Big Battery, you will find other posts that will increase your concern.

Sellers that charge credit cards before they ship the goods generally piss me off. Most credit cards give their account holders 60 days from the date of the statement to file a dispute. If it’s been over 3 months you might want to file that dispute right now.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this company declared bankruptcy and re-emerged with a different name.

Back