diy solar

diy solar

Bigger bank.

Skott

Hello. I’m totally new to this thing. My wife and I just bought a converted school bus. And it has a solar system already. It has 4 100w renogy panels & 4 280ah Lifepo4 batteries.
I just bought more panels (600w) and I’m wondering if I could add 8 300ah Lifepo4 batteries to the existing system?? I even have a 40w renogy charge controller & BMS and all of that stuff I can split things up with if need be.

If the new panels are the same specs as the old panels then it may be feasible to add them to the existing array and controller. However, if the existing controller is already maxed out then you'll need to create a separate array going into a new controller. Both controllers can feed power into the system at the same time. You don't need to separate the batteries/controllers.

Ideally, you want the batteries to be the same, but those are close enough that it may not matter. Are you talking about adding 8 batteries or cells?

Yes all of the panels are 100w and I believe the out put is the same. The bus has 4 renogy panels & I have 6 HQST.
And the new batteries would be 8 cells to make 2 batteries.

Back