diy solar

diy solar

Blmpow 130Ah NEW 3.2V 4pcs - any good?

wlemst88

Hello all.

New to the forum - have read a lot - thanks for everyone who has contributed!

Looking at getting a 12V DIY LiFePo4 battery for my RV for this summer.

On Aliexpress these cells are advertised. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002143996638.html

Blmpow 2021 New 3.2V 130Ah Lifepo4 Battery 6C 780A Continous High Discharge Rechargeable High Power Lifepo4 Batteries Tax Free​

I have contacted the seller and they have quoted $270CAD shipped to my door. The seller says "new" and "Grade A". This price is acceptable to me.

I don't need 780A continuous High discharge current, but this seems strange to me since none of the other batteries advertise more than 1-2C continuous discharge?

My question for all you folks is are there any red flags here? Any bad experiences with this seller?

Thanks
Wes

Correction, the seller has clarified that the quote is $270 USD shipped DDP. Unless there are no cautionary tales, I believe I will be placing this order.

Any update?
No not really. Item has shipped. Aliexpress says estimated delivery date is Apr 18 - May 09. I'm really excited to get it though! Ontario just went into another "lockdown" so I'm looking for something to do!

Hi all - well I just received my order. Tracking information from AliExpress is pretty bad - it doesn't say its left China yet so I was getting nervous. But they're here!
Some comments:
-All measured 3.2V
-Well packaged
-No physical damage or swelling
-No barcodes
-The terminals are not labelled + or -.
-Came with thin bus bars and bolts/lock washers.
IMG_4601.jpgIMG_4603.jpg

No not really. Item has shipped. Aliexpress says estimated delivery date is Apr 18 - May 09. I'm really excited to get it though! Ontario just went into another "lockdown" so I'm looking for something to do!
How are they working for you?
I am in contact with the seller right now, considering a shipment to BC Canada

Well here in Ontarioistan all my camping reservations have been cancelled until late June, so I really haven't had a chance to really test it. One of the neutral terminals on one of the cells was "stripped" so I contacted the seller. They were actually quite helpful. They said just try to force the bolt through the stripped part to see if it would self clear - but they said if it didn't work they'd send a replacement. I didn't want to do that so I borrowed my uncle's tap set and cleared the threading that way - no problem. The threads are M8-1.25 and are actually quite deep, probably about 1" so there's lots of thread to tighten down the bolts. Studs aren't required IMO.

I top balanced them all to 3.61V but I don't have a capacity tester to see if they're actually 130AH. For my boondocking needs I'm sure they're "close enough". It only came with 4 bus bars so I had to top balance them two cells at a time. No big deal, again, since the lock down order.....

I'll take some photos this weekend of the battery I've built in case any of you are interested.

Thanks, yes, I am interested.
I'm following BLMPOWs 280ah battery prices.
So far purchasing the same batteries from the same seller on Ebay ends up being about $300 CAD more than Aliexpress... I wonder why that is.

Thanks, yes, I am interested.
I'm following BLMPOWs 280ah battery prices.
So far purchasing the same batteries from the same seller on Ebay ends up being about $300 CAD more than Aliexpress... I wonder why that is.
I'm three months in waiting for Blmpow to deliver 8 x 280ah cells i ordered May 8th, to ship to UK, communication is dreadful from them.

I'm three months in waiting for Blmpow to deliver 8 x 280ah cells i ordered May 8th, to ship to UK, communication is dreadful from them.
Hi @rogerball0 I'm also waiting on Blmpow for 4off 280ah, ordered on June 22. agree that communication is lacking somewhat, I am told 'not to worry my friend' but the shipping info I understand doesn't update until they are received by DPD. Have you taken delivery yet?

Hi @rogerball0 I'm also waiting on Blmpow for 4off 280ah, ordered on June 22. agree that communication is lacking somewhat, I am told 'not to worry my friend' but the shipping info I understand doesn't update until they are received by DPD. Have you taken delivery yet?
Hi Danvan turned up two Thursdays ago, posted it here post #43, checked the voltages and all are reading 3.21V so i'm not gonna touch them until i'm ready to fit them and have the solar all hooked up.

Take the code they have given you and put it into DPD's site and it will say (well it did with mine) "we're expecting your parcel" so at least you know its coming.

Cheers

Back