diy solar

diy solar

Blown main board on Growatt spf 5000 es.

Jarrettvick247

I need a replacement main board for the Growatt spf 5000 es, or a place to send my board for repairs. Signature Solar has replacement boards but none to sell presently. The unit that is damaged came from AliExpress. A search for the blown mosfits shows 0 in stock, or 1 year lead times….??‍♂️ Help!!!

Last edited:
Are you able to do basic soldering work? If you can replace the MOSFET yourself, let me know the part number and I can find an equivalent.

Thanks, I’ll get back with you!
Most FETS are swappable anyway, as long as the gate voltage is the same, and the current / voltage ratings ≥ the original part.

I replaced a capacitor in a TV a while back, it was super small, so I soldered wire leads to the through holes and taped the cap in a different spot. IIRC, I replaced something like a 5uf, 20v cap with a 35uf 50v because it's what I had. It works great, and they no longer blow with the bigger ones.

Most FETS are swappable anyway, as long as the gate voltage is the same, and the current / voltage ratings ≥ the original part.

I replaced a capacitor in a TV a while back, it was super small, so I soldered wire leads to the through holes and taped the cap in a different spot. IIRC, I replaced something like a 5uf, 20v cap with a 35uf 50v because it's what I had. It works great, and they no longer blow with the bigger ones.

Pulled the Main board out…. More damage than first thought. Can’t identify some of the damaged parts. Appreciate the reply though!

None! The two inverters were purchased from Ali- Express. When they arrived at my residence the box was tattered….old looking, and with a Texas address. The seals were broken and discolored on both cabinets and on of the units had a bad scratch on the front. I went through all the appeals to have them returned to the buyer because they were advertized as new and a US version. To make them safe for our system I had to remove the bond between neutral and ground. They worked fine for one day and until the next night round 11:30 pm when I ran it of battery. The next morning I changed the charge by Grid setting to 30 on each unit… that setting only. On startup, there was a loud bang out of the slave unit which damaged my EMPShield, which saved the other inverter. I replaced the damaged one with one from Signature Solar. EMPShield was awesome and sent a replacement at no cost to me. Since I didn’t want to deal with the China seller I requested a replacement board from the manufacture, and to their credit, they agreed to supply one but at a cost of around 200 bucks +/- for shipping….. don’t want to connect my bank account to anything in China…..so …….. Everything is working fine now, still tweaking everything.

None! The two inverters were purchased from Ali- Express. When they arrived at my residence the box was tattered….old looking, and with a Texas address. The seals were broken and discolored on both cabinets and on of the units had a bad scratch on the front. I went through all the appeals to have them returned to the buyer because they were advertized as new and a US version. To make them safe for our system I had to remove the bond between neutral and ground. They worked fine for one day and until the next night round 11:30 pm when I ran it of battery. The next morning I changed the charge by Grid setting to 30 on each unit… that setting only. On startup, there was a loud bang out of the slave unit which damaged my EMPShield, which saved the other inverter. I replaced the damaged one with one from Signature Solar. EMPShield was awesome and sent a replacement at no cost to me. Since I didn’t want to deal with the China seller I requested a replacement board from the manufacture, and to their credit, they agreed to supply one but at a cost of around 200 bucks +/- for shipping….. don’t want to connect my bank account to anything in China…..so …….. Everything is working fine now, still tweaking everything.
Curious if this EMPshield and Midnite Solar surge arrestors are close in function. I have enough of those (plus extra) for every AC and DC line coming into current and planned buildings and inverters.

The Midnite solar arrestors are cheaper but require mounting into a box. Those look like they might be easier.

Hello

I have one SPF5000ES which does not power on if only grid is connected.
I mean it does not power on without battery. All functions works properly.
(It was replaced in warranty by a new one)

I dismantled it in pieces to clean it up from the dust (~20 months of running).

I want to find the issue (why not power on just with grid) and fix it.
I suspect it is a problem with the internal power source block on the mainboard.

Anybody having a schematic or point me to the component which is defect?
(I know this is a defect others encountered)

Back