diy solar

diy solar

Blue Carbon lifepo4 batteries

View attachment 95346

Hi All I seam to have joined the Blue Carbon Club.

But my battery's are sold as "Leo Power" LP 12-150
Information Printed on the sticker on the side of the battery
Rated Voltage: 12.8
Rated Capacity: 150Ah
Battery Electric: 1920watts
Continuously Use Input 80 Amp
Continuously Use Output 80 Amps
Charging Voltage 14.4v-15v.
Cut-Off 2.5 Single Cell
Depth Of Discharge:>80%

Recommended charging method declared:
Charging the battery with 30a constant current and 15v constant voltage until the
current reduces 1A at ambient 20C.

Pages scaned from the Product Manual
As you can see i bought four 150Ah Bluecarbon batterys. I charged them as the manufacture instructed. They make the battery so you should use there settings.

These Battery's are RUBBISH. they seem to be old cells repackaged.
When capacity tested on the settings printed on the side of the batteries themselves, the highest capacity was 108Ah and the lowest was 72Ah the other two were on the low 80s. Very fortunately I purchased these through Paypal. And got a full refund.

I now have 48 Calb L135F72 and 16 more on the way. giving me a 48v nominal 280Ah battery.

So im back on track.

I may have joined the Blue Carbon Club but my membership is, now most definitely expired.

I bought a blue carbon 48v 200ah. Its well built, at least the outside is. It arrived showing 54.0v on its built in voltmeter. Wish it had a way to access the bms. So far all is well but need advice on setting up the bulk, floating and discharge voltages of the inverter/charger.
Hello ... I have 2 of these batteries. 48V 200ah. With Growatt 5000 ES Inverters. Please kindly advise on how you set up the Bulk and Float Charging Values. The Inverter Voltage is also out of synch with the Batteries. Inverter shows 75% SOC while the battery is at 54.4 V which should be 100% charge.

Hi @Olasitu

Andy from Off Grid Garage advises a conservative 53.6 float and 55.2 bulk. Refer to this link: https://off-grid-garage.com/my-settings/

I'm also curious how inverters come up with the % SOC which in my experience varies widely. Personally I've stopped looking at % and look only at the voltage and the charging current.

Last edited:
Hi @Olasitu

Andy from Off Grid Garage advises a conservative 53.6 float and 55.2 bulk. Refer to this link: https://off-grid-garage.com/my-settings/

I'm also curious how inverters come up with the % SOC which in my experience varies widely. Personally I've stopped looking at % and look only at the voltage and the charging current.
Thank you @benjieg.

You are correct %SOC from the Inverter is hit and miss. Goes from 100% to 75% back to 100% within 30 mins with no Load !.

Do you happen to have a Voltage to SOC or % Capacity Table for this Battery.

Re. 55.2 for Bulk ... the Battery Specs allows Standard Charging voltage 57.6V-60V. Is setting Bulk charging below the Battery parameters optimal. Battery Spec Data Sheet is attached.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Blue Carbon Lithium 48 - 200.pdf
    8.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Hi @Olasitu,

Here's another good reference link: https://footprinthero.com/lifepo4-battery-voltage-charts

1661138858625.png

1661138922886.png

This chart tells us that yes you can charge your batteries at a higher voltage, but when it discharges, it will quickly settle to around 53.6 once charging is stopped. Charging them at a higher (bulk) voltage will get them charged faster. But if you're not in a hurry, charging them at a lower bulk voltage will still get them charged 100% but a slower rate. This is seen to help prolong the life your batteries if not taken to the higher charging voltages frequently, as explained by Andy in his video.

Hope this helps!

I use the 48V/200Ah now for about 10 days, so far no problems. Its the version with active balancer.
Heres the video:

I now want to get 2 more but because of the limited size I wonder if its possible to place these battery vertical too.
Is there any danger for the cells themselves ? Do they have to be in a horizontal position or can they be placed vertical too like in this picture?
Hi Planning to buy the same battery 48V 200Amh. How is the performance now?

Mine is set also to charge up to 56V (as its 16 cells each 3.2V) giving 3.5V per cell perfect within specifications.
I wouldnt go higher as you will get dangerously close to the cell maximum!
Next values is 47V and shutoff at 46V - that runs without problems giving me about 8Kw usable capacity which is ok.
Can o give you a call?

I've used this battery for about 1 month, until now there is still no problem, it runs about 300 - 400 watts for home needs only.

Blue carbon 2 x 12V/150 ah in series 24 v
Excuse me have you had any problems running the batteries in series?
The manufacturer rep told you can as long as they are balanced

Mine are not in series but parallel. They get charged and discharge with the 50V stated.
My 2 batteries are therefore 48V/400Ah (2x 200Ah) - no problem until now

Back