diy solar

diy solar

Blue Carbon lifepo4 batteries

I bought a blue carbon 48v 200ah. Its well built, at least the outside is. It arrived showing 54.0v on its built in voltmeter. Wish it had a way to access the bms. So far all is well but need advice on setting up the bulk, floating and discharge voltages of the inverter/charger.
I have the same battery and using a voltronic axpert iii inverter/mppt but dont know how to set up the axpert to optimum settings for the battery. Currently have the bulk charge at 56.2v and float charge at 54v and the cutoff voltage at 46v. Please help!

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a 12V-150Ah Blue Carbon LiFePO4 battery. The manual and sticker on the battery says that you can connect your solar panels straight to the battery without going through a charge controller. There's even a Youtube video of it at
. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and whether it is safe to do so? Would be interested to know.
Hi dude , can u share your experience with it so far ? And how much real capacity does it have ?

I use the 48V/200Ah now for about 10 days, so far no problems. Its the version with active balancer.
Heres the video:

I now want to get 2 more but because of the limited size I wonder if its possible to place these battery vertical too.
Is there any danger for the cells themselves ? Do they have to be in a horizontal position or can they be placed vertical too like in this picture?

Attachments

• Solar1a.jpg.da5cf84d04cf77a225f52c219cd9b0f9.jpg
    Solar1a.jpg.da5cf84d04cf77a225f52c219cd9b0f9.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 30
I have the same battery and using a voltronic axpert iii inverter/mppt but dont know how to set up the axpert to optimum settings for the battery. Currently have the bulk charge at 56.2v and float charge at 54v and the cutoff voltage at 46v. Please help!
You can have bulk higher at about 57-58V
Make Float 50-54v
Cutoff 43-44v
Its not really that important. But those are the right settings if you can program

Mine is set also to charge up to 56V (as its 16 cells each 3.2V) giving 3.5V per cell perfect within specifications.
I wouldnt go higher as you will get dangerously close to the cell maximum!
Next values is 47V and shutoff at 46V - that runs without problems giving me about 8Kw usable capacity which is ok.

You can have bulk higher at about 57-58V
Make Float 50-54v
Cutoff 43-44v
Its not really that important. But those are the right settings if you can program
Hi markbro,

I also have a Blue Carbon 48V 200Ah. I can't find manufacturer specs or recommendations. Can you really do a high 57-58V bulk charging w/o negatively impacting battery life?

Also my cutoff is for 48V. Same question - can you really go to a low 43-44V w/o negatively impacting battery life?

Cutoff at 56V and 48 is recommended. You shouldnt go higher than 56 but I set mine to 47 and it works well too.
Its 16 cells - so just do the math.

Here’s the datasheet of the battery

Attachments

• UU 48V200Ah LiFePO4 Battery.pdf
    685.1 KB · Views: 67
LP 12-150 Lithium Battery Small.jpg

Hi All I seam to have joined the Blue Carbon Club.

But my battery's are sold as "Leo Power" LP 12-150
Information Printed on the sticker on the side of the battery
Rated Voltage: 12.8
Rated Capacity: 150Ah
Battery Electric: 1920watts
Continuously Use Input 80 Amp
Continuously Use Output 80 Amps
Charging Voltage 14.4v-15v.
Cut-Off 2.5 Single Cell
Depth Of Discharge:>80%

Recommended charging method declared:
Charging the battery with 30a constant current and 15v constant voltage until the
current reduces 1A at ambient 20C.

Pages scaned from the Product Manual

Attachments

• Leo Power UU150-12 Battery Owners manual P2007.jpg
    Leo Power UU150-12 Battery Owners manual P2007.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Leo Power UU150-12 Battery Owners manual P2008.jpg
    Leo Power UU150-12 Battery Owners manual P2008.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Recommendable! Sorry, I'm a setpower fan. I love it. So I think you guys will love it too!!! Setpower just release a battery-powered portable fridge. The First portable fridge with removable and rechargeable battery. and this refrigerator has a wireless charging panel so I can conveniently charge my phone at any time.
They are providing the promotion sale now! Buy one fridge get one free cooler!
I just bought another X50 fridge!
Perfect for my off-grid, van, and camper life!!!
First Setpower battery-powered X50 portable fridge
Setpower fridge

X50-11.jpgX50-3.jpg

Does anyone have an idea what model number of the bms?
I think it’s JBD bms, but I have no idea what’s the model number
Thanks

Hi, I have a question.
Can I connect 3 of the Blue Carbon batteries 48v 100ah in parallel together to make it 15kw

Here’s the datasheet of the battery
1654133804793.png

Hi Blackmoses,

Thanks for the datasheet. Very helpful. Need help now to interpret the numbers. With a standard charging voltage of 57.6V - 60V, what should be the right bulk and float voltages for this battery?

No post since last year. Anymore recent input. Just curious because I live in the Philippines and there are not many choices here. I see Blue Carbon batteries for sale online for a decent price. They have decent reviews here. Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of choices here.

View attachment 96857

Hi Blackmoses,

Thanks for the datasheet. Very helpful. Need help now to interpret the numbers. With a standard charging voltage of 57.6V - 60V, what should be the right bulk and float voltages for this battery?
I’m sorry I didn’t see your post until now. I will tell you what I have decided to do after reading victron recommendations for LifePo4 batteries and following Andy on his YouTube channel where he did a lot of tests concerning the best voltages to charge your batteries. He found out that we can reach full charge without stressing the battery with high voltage which would decrease battery life.

Suggestions
bulk
55.20 - 55.52
absorption
almost the same current as bulk, for one hour
Tail current 1 amp for this battery model 200Ah

Float voltage
should be lower than absorption v
53.6 (3.35V/ cell)

Discharge for 51.2 for safety
I suggest you watch Andy, you will learn a lot.

Last edited:
Both Will Prows videos and Andy’s videos taught me a lot.
A video about charging and discharging safely

Here’s a video about charging and discharging from 80% to 20%

A great article I discovered while digging the forum. I suggest you read it if you like reading.
Link

Last edited:
He found out that we can reach full charge without stressing the battery with high voltage which would decrease battery life.

Suggestions
Bulk 55.20 - 55.52
Float 53.6 (3.35V/ cell)

Yes that's what I've been learning on this forum about prolonging battery life. Your suggested numbers look very good but mine are higher :)
I've read that setting float to a slightly higher value, e.g. 54.0 - 54.4 helps top balance the battery. Any thoughts on that?

Back