diy solar

diy solar

Blue Tooth BMS module

thedodgersonline

Hi Everybody
I am going down the road of building some LiFePO4 battery packs for my off road camper. The space I have to install is pretty limited so will not be easily accessible. For this reason I am looking for a Bluetooth enabled BMS (preferably Daly as that is the recommended one here) Does anybody have any suggestions / preferences etc. It will be a 12V 4S configuration and I will be charging it with a Victron 75/15 and 320W solar.
Thanks and Regards

There are many options on aliexpress for a bluetooth bms. I use this particular bms and I love it. Allows me to control a vast amount of parameters and even has temp controls for charge and discharge. I would provide a link but I couldn't find this one. I dont think this specific model is sold anymore but there are ones similar to this on that marketplace. My only complaint with this bms is that the bluetooth does not stay connected when my battery is at a low state of charge (probably a protection feature). However, I do have the option to directly connect it to my computer with no connection issue when my battery is close to empty. Also, the bluetooth only allows me to change certain parameters such as discharge rate, over/under voltage, and balance options. Connecting it to a computer gives me access to all of the other parameters. Another annoyance is that anytime I make changes to my settings, the capacity monitor seems to reset requiring me to charge full and then discharge completely to get back to the correct SOC for the pack. Annoying but not a deal breaker.20190912_000925.jpg

Last edited:
As an update here I have been discussing with Daly and apparently they have a Bluetooth capability on their BMS?? I have yet to get a model number / link or similar but will post it here when I do.
Regarding the BMS for teh LTO battery they will - apparently - send you a BMS with the specific configuration you request so if you are making up a 12V battery and you wish to use 6 LTO cells they will send you one. I am going to be building a 6 cell 12V LTO next year so will see if that eventuates.

Back