Bluetooth Battery Monitor 0-120V 0-600A

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
Hi,
Trying to stumble through the manual to get new KG160F operational. Has powered up fine but trying to connect the app using android phone and laptop is not working. As per DJSmiley above the App in the laptop crashes when you search for device. Phone also cannot find device but just sits there indefinitely trying to find bluetooth connection in the app. App version is 1.1.21. They can both see BTG006 in bluetooth menu so it is 'visible' just cant connect within the app.
Regarding the problem of the program crash, I have helped a Portuguese customer solve the problem. His problem is because of the error in the interpretation of and. in the Portuguese language. We need your help to solve this problem.
Please download and install the APP inside our server http://68.168.132.244/app/KG.apk
Then after the crash occurs, find this log file from your phone Android/data/com.juntek.vat/files/crash and send it to my email lee@junteks.com, we can quickly help you solve the crash problem.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 3

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
Received. First impressions: Looks nice

First reactions:
Shunt could have improvements
- Only 1 label: GND. That does mean BATT. Would be much clearer if the GND port was labelled BATT and the other port LOAD.
- No mounting options. It would be nice if it was easier to mount without messing with cable ties, just like eg the Victron shunt

As for the app (I'm using IOS): Manual is not very clear.
First page has a proper link to the IOS store
Page 14 however has a non-working QR code (404 error) and 'search for KG series'.
However: the app is KG Serials... (so manual is wrong)

If the links and QR codes were at least all working that would be nice. Also how the f*ck do you find the app without those links in the manual? Why having a completely different app name and not include eg Junctek in the app name

Once installed (IOS app, iPhone SE 2020, IOS 15.0.2) I press search, find one (presumably the device), connect and the app just crashes.
Same applies to an old ipad (Air, running IOS 12.5.4)
Can you help to record the screen to see the crash of the Apple system? We kindly ask for your help. My email lee@junteks.com

DJSmiley

Solar Addict
Can you help to record the screen to see the crash of the Apple system? We kindly ask for your help. My email lee@junteks.com

I'll do later today.
Might be something with language settings also (or date/time since their notation varies depending on country)

For mounting, looks nice, Í'll drop you an email

I don't see a proper side photo, but by the looks it looks you can't mount it directly but need to use spacers (Due to the thickness of the shunt).

I would prefer a shaped bracked, so you can directly screw it to anything. Preferable non-conductive material so you don't have to isolate it yourself.

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
I'll do later today.
Might be something with language settings also (or date/time since their notation varies depending on country)

For mounting, looks nice, Í'll drop you an email

I don't see a proper side photo, but by the looks it looks you can't mount it directly but need to use spacers (Due to the thickness of the shunt).

I would prefer a shaped bracked, so you can directly screw it to anything. Preferable non-conductive material so you don't have to isolate it yourself.
We also provide insulating pillars for heightening and fixing screws. I will add photos of them next week.

DJSmiley

Solar Addict
Just send the email with a movie showing crash on my iPhone SE 2020, IOS 15.1, Dutch language

The APK as posted yesterday does seem to work. It didn't crash (Tested on a Samsung A8, running Android 9.0, Dutch language)

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
Just send the email with a movie showing crash on my iPhone SE 2020, IOS 15.1, Dutch language

The APK as posted yesterday does seem to work. It didn't crash (Tested on a Samsung A8, running Android 9.0, Dutch language)
We have received your email and we are rushing to deal with your IOS crash issue.

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast

ios has been updated successfully, please test it.

DJSmiley

Solar Addict
Took a while to make time, but I've connected it and tested again

- Settings done (battery capacity, discharge max current (scale for the meters), seem to be factory reset after new software update
- Tested with version 1.1.9
- But no crash, it now is reading and displaying data properly. Crash issue seems to be fixed, at least for me (IOS)

What I did notice: If changing the preset battery AH valuw, AH remaining isn't updated (recalculated) with the new settings. You have to configure percentage of remaining capacity before the new AH remaining is calculated and displayed

millab

Hi Kang Lee! I have just created an order. Could the 50% discount please be applied? Looking forward to trying out your monitor and will happily provide a review, photos and a youtube video :)

Order number is: 8142242547570473

Thanks!

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast

ocular

If I splice a Cat5/6 cable as the connection cable between the measuring module and the display, what is the likely distance limitation so the display still works?

Last edited:

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
If I splice a Cat5/6 cable as the connection cable between the measuring module and the display, what is the likely distance limitation so the display still works?
The communication line between the display and the measurement module is the 4P same direction telephone line, which is easy to make and can be extended to 30m at most without affecting the work.

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
You take into account Peukert's constant with this?
The capacity of the battery changes with the size of the discharged battery. Peukert put forward an empirical formula for the relationship between the capacity C or discharge time t of the lead-acid battery and the discharge current I in 1898: int = k or C = ki (1-N), where n is a constant related to the battery structure, especially the plate thickness, and its value is between 1.15 and 1.42; K is a constant related to the amount of active substance in the battery. Peukert equation shows that the larger the discharge current is, the smaller the battery capacity is; However, it is not applicable when the discharge current is very small

bruceb58

Solar Enthusiast
You take into account Peukert's constant with this?

The capacity of the battery changes with the size of the discharged battery. Peukert put forward an empirical formula for the relationship between the capacity C or discharge time t of the lead-acid battery and the discharge current I in 1898: int = k or C = ki (1-N), where n is a constant related to the battery structure, especially the plate thickness, and its value is between 1.15 and 1.42; K is a constant related to the amount of active substance in the battery. Peukert equation shows that the larger the discharge current is, the smaller the battery capacity is; However, it is not applicable when the discharge current is very small
Yes but what happens when the current draw is high when you use an inverter? The Victron battery monitor takes into account Peukert's constant and allows you to set it based on battery type...does yours?

DJSmiley

Solar Addict
It seems @kang lee is using google translate. His replies are based on a chinese translation. This is pretty common for a chinese vendor, lots of them don't understand english. Thus a question is not alway translated properly. It's recommended to use simple sentences with clear separation between any questions.
Failing to do so generally results in copy-paste from wikipedia or 'dear friend, yes'- replies.
@ghostwriter66 made a good post about this with some hints. Doesn't only apply to ordering, but can be usefull for other questions as well

I checked on mine, and I can't set a peukert component anywere. So for now, it looks like the peukert component can't be set. For LFP that's not a big deal (since the peukert is almost 1), but it does make sense if you're willing to use it on a lead-acid bank with high loads

@kang lee can we configure peukert in the settings?