Bluetooth Battery Monitor 0-120V 0-600A

millab

I'm guessing from my understanding that peukert only affects the capacity indication of the battery and not the usage stats?

bruceb58

Solar Enthusiast
I checked on mine, and I can't set a peukert component anywere. So for now, it looks like the peukert component can't be set. For LFP that's not a big deal (since the peukert is almost 1), but it does make sense if you're willing to use it on a lead-acid bank with high loads

@kang lee can we configure peukert in the settings?
Agreed about not absolutely necessary for LFP but why buy this when you can buy a Victron smart shunt for $130 which has it?

bruceb58

Solar Enthusiast
I'm guessing from my understanding that peukert only affects the capacity indication of the battery and not the usage stats?
Which is super important...with a heavy load from an inverter with lead acid batteries, your capacity could be half of what the meter is indicating.

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
Yes but what happens when the current draw is high when you use an inverter? The Victron battery monitor takes into account Peukert's constant and allows you to set it based on battery type...does yours?
Sorry, we haven't considered Peukert yet, but we are willing to study it.

perpetual

Solar Enthusiast

cass3825

Solar Addict
@kang lee Can you provide the mathematical equation to determine checksum for example :r0=1,47,1120,100,101?

Thanks!

EDIT: Is this correct?
1120+100+101=1321, equaling 529hex
Low int 29hex equals 41, plus high int 5 equals 46. Adding 1 per the manual equals 47.

Last edited:

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
@kang lee Can you provide the mathematical equation to determine checksum for example :r0=1,47,1120,100,101?

Thanks!

EDIT: Is this correct?
1120+100+101=1321, equaling 529hex
Low int 29hex equals 41, plus high int 5 equals 46. Adding 1 per the manual equals 47.
Read basic machine information
Send command: R00=1,2,1,
The machine returns: r00=1,47,1120,100,101,
Read instructions
1 represents the communication address; 47 represents the checksum; the first 1 in 1120 represents the Hall sensor (1-Hall sensor, 2-sampler), the second 1 represents 100V, 20 represents 200A; 100 represents version 1.00 ; 101 represents the serial number of the machine

bruceb58

Solar Enthusiast
Amazing how many of these identical units are all over Aliexpress right now. Same junk everyone is selling.

Browneye

Dr. WattSon
Awesome - THANK YOU! Place an order for one of these.
The $250 for a victron one just wasn't clicking with me. ;)

Got my meter today...this thing is awesome. Just gotta figure out how to hook it up now and what all the functions are. Oh dear. Bluetooth too!
Working out all my battery connections for the new lifepo4 pack - bms, pos and neg side, the shunt ( you can buy 4 of these for the price of a victron shunt) get power for it, and run the com wire to where the display will go.

It's a nice looking unit, hope it works as intended.

So now my bms has BT and so does the meter. Information overload. LOL

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
@kang lee. I just received my order, but there was severe shipping damage that damaged the main control unit. I have applied for a refund, but if you would prefer to ship a replacement unit, that would be acceptable.

I ordered the unit for the express purpose of doing a review on it and posting it here...... but that does not look like it will happen soon.
😟

1639247579360.png1639247618462.png1639247699468.png

I guess this will become a review of customer service...... stay tuned for updates.

Last edited:

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
The remaining components in the package look unscathed but don't do me much good without the damaged components.

1639248130680.png

Observations:

* The 500A 75mv shunt looks like a quality unit. (However, it took a few minutes to figure out how it is intended to be physically mounted) If I get a new unit, I will be sure to describe the mounting in the review)

* The cable that runs between the shunt and the control box is only about 7". This is probably not a problem for most installs, but be aware.

* The cable for an external relay is only ~ 7.5". This is only needed if an external relay is to be used for low voltage disconnect (?) Most installs would probably not use this function, but if they do, the cable will probably need to be replaced or extended.

* The cable for the thermal couple is 39" (~1M).

* The cable that goes between the main control box and the display is ~116" long (3M)

* There is a 20' piece of 2 conductor wire that is presumably used for hooking up the power. Nice touch.

* There are two large copper lugs. This is a nice touch but I would never use that type of crimp lug.

* There is a small wrench and a small screwdriver shipped with the unit. I appreciate the gesture but the wrench is too small to properly tighten the bolts. (Anyone ordering this unit almost certainly already has better versions of both the wrench and the screwdriver)

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
Alipay refunded the full purchase amount just a few hours after I posted the claim (I provided several photos that backed up the claim.)

Any other time I had a claim on Ali Express, the vendor was definitely involved in the issue resolution so it is probably safe to assume Junctek quickly approved the refund..... That speaks well of the company.

Now I have to decide if I should try ordering another one in order to do that review I was planning.

Last edited:

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
it took a few minutes to figure out how it is intended to be physically mounted) If I get a new unit, I will be sure to describe the mounting in the review
At this point I don't know if I will ever do a full review of the monitor.... so here is the info on the Shunt mount.

This is the Shunt and the associated mounting hardware.

1639289705181.png

The little circuit boards become the mounting bracket and are held onto the shunt with the main bolts.

1639289847571.png

The spacers go onto the screws to hold the assembly up off the mounting surface

1639290042190.png

The spacers are just tall enough to hold the assembly a fraction of an mm off the mounting surface. (I can slip a piece of paper under the shunt, but that is about all) I would definitely not mount this over a conductive surface. The metal screws only contact the PC board and not the electrical parts of the shunt so the screws themselves are not a shorting hazard.

1639291028023.png

I have not actually mounted it yet but overall, it is a reasonable design and I will probably copy the idea in other places where I have been shipped 'raw' shunts with no mounting brackets.

The one thing I don't like is that a lot of the shunt metal is fully exposed. (This problem is not unique to this product. It seems like many (most?) of the SOC meters are shipping like this now. Some of them don't even have mounting hardware, so this is still a step up from some of the other products I have seen) Since the shunt is on the negative part of the circuit, this is not as bad as it could be, but I would still find something to cover the shunt to help prevent shorts.

Browneye

Dr. WattSon
Mine was perfect. Luck of the draw. Try again?
I’ll read the manual a few times while waiting for my cells. 😇

I got the 200A shunt. I'll look for the mounting stand-offs's didn't see those, and I don't think there were ring lungs. I'll look again.

It has relay cut-offs for out of parameter bms functions...I'm not sure I would trust it for that. Sometimes these little boxes just go poof! LOL
I wish it had surface mount option for the display so you didn't have to cut a big hole. I think I'll mount mine in a surface mount box like @millab here. That way if it does go poof I can just take it out.

I'm anxious to see how the BT app works for the Overkill bms.

EDIT: mounting stand offs yes, cheapo ring lungs no. I wouldn't use them anyway. The shunt looks WAY different.

Last edited:

millab

I've had mine for about a week now, and it is working well so far! It arrived in great condition to Australia, and looks to be very well put together.

My biggest complaints are to do with my specific use case. I have installed the monitor on my 4WD with an 82AH under-bonnet LiFePo4 battery. I had to mount the shunt in a waterproof box, and made up a new set of wires to allow both the main control box and the LCD to be mounted inside the vehicle.

One thing I have noticed so far is that it doesn't seem to be detecting its own load, but this is potentially because it is below the 0.1A precision that my model can detect due to the large shunt.

Once again for my in-vehicle use case, I would love to have the ability to switch LCD brightness levels with button shortcut rather than having to go into the menu and change it in there. Ideally the up and down buttons would switch between bright and dull backlight levels

kang lee

Solar Enthusiast
The remaining components in the package look unscathed but don't do me much good without the damaged components.

View attachment 75374

Observations:

* The 500A 75mv shunt looks like a quality unit. (However, it took a few minutes to figure out how it is intended to be physically mounted) If I get a new unit, I will be sure to describe the mounting in the review)

* The cable that runs between the shunt and the control box is only about 7". This is probably not a problem for most installs, but be aware.

* The cable for an external relay is only ~ 7.5". This is only needed if an external relay is to be used for low voltage disconnect (?) Most installs would probably not use this function, but if they do, the cable will probably need to be replaced or extended.

* The cable for the thermal couple is 39" (~1M).

* The cable that goes between the main control box and the display is ~116" long (3M)

* There is a 20' piece of 2 conductor wire that is presumably used for hooking up the power. Nice touch.

* There are two large copper lugs. This is a nice touch but I would never use that type of crimp lug.

* There is a small wrench and a small screwdriver shipped with the unit. I appreciate the gesture but the wrench is too small to properly tighten the bolts. (Anyone ordering this unit almost certainly already has better versions of both the wrench and the screwdriver)
Sorry for the trouble!
I have sent the new promotional code to your email
You can re-order