diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC100?

JAS

Solar Enthusiast
Hey all,

As the title states... Is this AC100 a new release? Just came across a YouTube review and a couple of online reviews on it. Seems to compete directly with the Jackery 1000 (which I was waiting to drop a few hundred dollars)

Right now with discount codes, the AC100 can be had for $750 on Amazon.

• 1000wh
  • Actual 120v output
  • Current Price
  • Can charge with a higher voltage panel than the Jackery
Dislikes:
  • Does not have MPPT (This is my biggest dislike)
  • Looks to take slightly longer to charge than even the Jackery (Due to using PWM?)
  • Only a 600W inverter with not much surge capability (compared to the 1000w on the Jackery)
Any thoughts on this?

Jeff

Where are your reading this doesn't have MPPT charging? All Maxoak 500wh and up that I've see have MPPT charging.

Where are your reading this doesn't have MPPT charging? All Maxoak 500wh and up that I've see have MPPT charging.

First I noticed that for all other products, the documentation specifically specifies MPPT. Nowhere in the AC100 documentation does it say MPPT. (Even searched for the term MPPT in the downloadable manual and it found 0 instances)

So then I dug deeper and found this: https://www.bluetti.com/collections/portable-power-station

Scroll down to the AC100 and look under the "MPPT Preinstalled" column... It says "No"

As it turns out, I'm back to the Jackery because the 600w Inverter (actually the low ~720W surge) is not going to be enough for me..

First I noticed that for all other products, the documentation specifically specifies MPPT. Nowhere in the AC100 documentation does it say MPPT. (Even searched for the term MPPT in the downloadable manual and it found 0 instances)

So then I dug deeper and found this: https://www.bluetti.com/collections/portable-power-station

Scroll down to the AC100 and look under the "MPPT Preinstalled" column... It says "No"
Thanks for the link. I was looking at the Maxoak site which didn't state MPPT or not either way. Strange that Maxoak didn't make this with MPPT. If the inverter size won't work for you then MPPT is a moot point anyway.

Wonder what the cost difference between pwm and mppt is. Can't be much. Anyway, dumb move on Maxoak's part.

Just bought a Bluetti AC100 and asked the MPPT question. They said YES. Also it charges at a max of 170 watts which is MUCH better than the Jackery and also has the useful life of 2500 cycles for the LG cells. Ctuan13 on YouTube has an EXCELLENT, detailed review. I got mine for $791 with a discount code which is not bad for a 1000wh battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAS
From what I understand, Bluetti is a bit deceiving with their charge cycles however... IE: 2500 cycles is to 50% (not 80% like most of the industry uses). I think 80% is more around 1000-1200 cycles (still better than Jackery)

Just bought a Bluetti AC100 and asked the MPPT question. They said YES. Also it charges at a max of 170 watts which is MUCH better than the Jackery and also has the useful life of 2500 cycles for the LG cells. Ctuan13 on YouTube has an EXCELLENT, detailed review. I got mine for $791 with a discount code which is not bad for a 1000wh battery.
That's great info to me, this seems like a "goldilocks" unit for my needs. Have you actually charged up the unit with solar yet? And any other insights would be great as well.
Bob

Ordered AC100 over a week ago and still sitting in their warehouse so I'm underwhelmed with Bluetti's fulfillment department. Also have an AC50S on order which is "supposed" to ship October 9-10th. We'll see.

The best review so far (by ctuan13) which includes details on input limits is here
It charges at 170 watts max but will fail >10 amps. The other limiting factor is the 600 watt inverter output, with the max surge of 720 watts.

Ordered AC100 over a week ago and still sitting in their warehouse so I'm underwhelmed with Bluetti's fulfillment department. Also have an AC50S on order which is "supposed" to ship October 9-10th. We'll see.

The best review so far (by ctuan13) which includes details on input limits is here
It charges at 170 watts max but will fail >10 amps. The other limiting factor is the 600 watt inverter output, with the max surge of 720 watts.
Anything yet?

Back