diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 & AC50S

I just received my ac200 yesterday!!! It came with a 400 watt wall charger. Does anyone know if it possible to use this charger to charge the eb240 without frying it? The ac200 is working great so far. Will try to push it harder this weekend when I have more time.

Just got an email from Maxoak. They said that it is okay to use the 400 watt charger on the eb240.
Thanks. I'm going to email Maxoak and see if they sell it separately and how much it will cost.

Last edited:
FYI, reply email I received from Bluetti about the AC200 wall charger that is compatible with the Bluetti EB150 & EB240.

Okay.you need to pay $139 for the 400W wall charger!
Our paypal account:sale@bluetti.com
please pay it by Paypal.
Please let me konw When you pay for it.
thanks
kevin

I’m not sure if it will work with the eb150 as well. The voltage range isn’t as high as the eb240. Did Maxoak say it was okay to use with the eb150?

I’m not sure if it will work with the eb150 as well. The voltage range isn’t as high as the eb240. Did Maxoak say it was okay to use with the eb150?
My original question referenced the EB240 AND EB150. The specs for the EB240 and EB150 both list PV max input as 500w/10A.

I used my AC200 to provide power to my Panasonic 1200 watt microwave oven to cook some bacon. The oven required a current of 1950 watts for 4 minutes (according to the AC200 built in watt meter), that the AC200 had no problem delivering. I have also used the AC200 to run a popcorn maker, hair dryer, toaster, and Bi-Pap machine with no problems at all.

I am still waiting on accessory cords for the AC200. Is it just me? I got the AC200 and the standard cords, but not the extra aviation plug and battery clamps, etc.

I am still waiting on accessory cords for the AC200. Is it just me? I got the AC200 and the standard cords, but not the extra aviation plug and battery clamps, etc.
I'm waiting for mine too. A while back on facebook a representative from Bluetti said that some of the cables were slightly delayed.

I have 2 SP120 foldable panels on series. The voltage started at 40 but has been at 31 for a couple hours now. How is it charging if input is supposed to be 35-250V?

Attachments

• 2B10409A-E816-47AB-8DA3-343CA8B83A1E.jpeg
    2B10409A-E816-47AB-8DA3-343CA8B83A1E.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I have 2 SP120 foldable panels on series. The voltage started at 40 but has been at 31 for a couple hours now. How is it charging if input is supposed to be 35-250V?
I'm guessing, that there might be some leeway in the lower voltage specifications for some of the units. I would not recommend going over the recommended high voltage spec though, which I think is 150 volts, as most MPPT controllers have very little if any tolerance over the maximum voltage, and it will damage the unit. Also, I would check the State Of Charge to make sure that the battery is actually receiving the charge and is charging.

Its about 35Voc to start charging but MPPT will continue charging at a lower Vmp as you found out.

Max is 150V with overvoltage turning charging off with an error message.

I would not recommend going over the recommended high voltage spec though, which I think is 150 volts, as most MPPT controllers have very little if any tolerance over the maximum voltage, and it will damage the unit. Also, I would check the State Of Charge to make sure that the battery is actually receiving the charge and is charging.
I am getting tired of explaining that all these solar generators shut off at going over the 150V max with an error message so No Damage is possible
Watch Hobotechs review of the AC200.

Jackery's shut off charging at about 32V
Their max input is listed as 30V

Bluetti eb150 and eb240 error message at about 67V

If overvolting Damaged these expensive solar generators you would have heard much crying and weeping about it by now.

I am getting tired of explaining that all these solar generators shut off at going over the 150V max with an error message so No Damage is possible
Watch Hobotechs review of the AC200.

Jackery's shut off charging at about 32V
Their max input is listed as 30V

Bluetti eb150 and eb240 error message at about 67V

If overvolting Damaged these expensive solar generators you would have heard much crying and weeping about it by now.
Good Point. It's possible that many Solar Generators may have some sort of mechanism to prevent damage if the Voltage is exceeded, however there are MPPT's out there where the operating manual warns about possible damage if voltage is exceeded. One such example is the EPEVER Tracer4210AN. I guess the safest route is either not to exceed the recommended voltage, or know that doing so, will not damage the unit.

I'm waiting for mine too. A while back on facebook a representative from Bluetti said that some of the cables were slightly delayed.
I just received accessory cords yesterday!

What do you guys think about this- pulling travel trailer, 7 pin plug is keeping the batteries charged, turning on inverter and plugging portable power station (AC200, etc) in to charge in trailer while driving down the road. Anything wrong or weird about that?

Back