diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 connection cables

DeanH

Hello!

I'm still new to the world of solar, and just recently decided to get a Bluetti AC200. My plan is to charge the Bluetti with 2 solar panels and AC wall outlet. I plan to plug a Dometic frig and connect a DC fuse block to the unit.

What I'm struggling with is what connectors I need? Do I need any additional plugs/wires/connectors that aren’t supplied? 12V / 25A Aviation Plug? XT90? Not sure what these are for....

What I'm struggling with is what connectors I need? Do I need any additional plugs/wires/connectors that aren’t supplied? 12V / 25A Aviation Plug? XT90? Not sure what these are for....
Yes you need that 25A cable to attach to your 12V fuse block so buy that $16 option.

Bluetti 25 amp plugs are out of stock for awhile. Is there anything else that will work as the male 2 pin aviation block?

Attachments

• aviation plug.jpg
    aviation plug.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 7
on another note i plan on building extra storage with 8s lifepo4 pack. Do I just plug that into dc in after the Bluetti gets low on voltage, leave it plugged up? Do I need to buy 2 4s BMS or is there an 8s for 12 volts BMS? Should I make my extra pack 24 volts and then bring it back to 12v to plug into Bluetti 200p? Thank you guys for helping us newbies.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the solar/DC charging port works in one of two modes. Solar mode requires a minimum of 35V input, which I presume you'd only hit with an external battery pack if it's 48V nominal. The DC charging mode expects around 12V. Either way (solar or DC) the input current is internally regulated to a max of around 12A. So with a 12V battery you will only get you a slow charge (ballpark of 12x12=144W). I tested this with a 12V Battle Born connected with the alligator clamps (and AC200P set to DC input mode). I forget offhand what the actual watts in was, but I think somewhere in the range 100-150W. If you run loads less than 150W this might keep the AC200 topped off until the external battery runs out.

You could actually charge the AC200 faster off a battery by connecting it to an inverter and using the Bluetti wall charger. But the DC-AC-DC conversion losses would not be trivial.

Thank you MKB for the info. So maybe I should build a 36 or 48 volt battery pack by buying more cells with BMS and plug it in at night as solar to charge the Bluetti. I am thinking of the AC for the woman. I have yet to rip out the existing 2 part AC in a Limo I am converting as it is just too complicated for me. Do you have a suggestion for AC? I have 8- 3.2v 100amph Lifepo4 coming.

I have no experience building custom battery packs so I'll defer any discussion on that to the experts on this forum. Regarding 36 or 48 volts, I would be concerned that if you build a nominal 36 V pack and the voltage drops below 35 V when the charge state of the cells goes low enough the AC200 might stop charging (assuming set to solar charge mode). Also, since the main charging limit is current, a 48 V pack would allow faster charging than a 36 V pack. But if the purpose is to top off or trickle charge the AC200, this difference may not matter (depending on the load in your situation). Regardless, any method that allows you to use the "solar" charge mode gives you the potential (no pun intended) for faster charging than in "car" mode with a 12 V battery.

Last edited:
Thank you guys.. that is very helpful. Was wondering the same.

I'll have to build a 25A plug/cable to 12V DC fuse box as well.. (Fridge, Fan, lights)

Which fuse box do you recommend using? And what cable, connecting that plug and the fuse box?

Thank you..!!

FYI, if you have a 24v pack you can charge using DC Car with 24v 8amps. So that's almost 200w.

Back