diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 (Double the Battery Capacity- jehugarcia)

quinshka

Hi everyone, so a while back @jehugarcia on youtube made a video (
) about building an expansion battery pack that you can charge elsewhere and hook it up to the Bluetti AC200, fully re-charging it. The scooter battery packs on his website have sold out (https://jag35.com/products/40-cell-lgmh1-18650-lithium-scooter-battery-pack) and I can't find them anywhere else. On Will's channel he often shares LiFePo4 cells, but they're only 3.4v so a lot would be needed to be able to charge the AC200 and it would be inconvenient to carry that around instead of a little suitcase like jehugarcia made. Anyone know if Will might eventually build something similar?

Would something as simple as this work?

Last edited:
If the Bluetti can be charged from a DC source, then any battery matching the charging specs should work. If there isn't a DC charging option, the battery voltages must be carefully matched before considering any connection.

Hi everyone, so a while back @jehugarcia on youtube made a video (
) about building an expansion battery pack that you can charge elsewhere and hook it up to the Bluetti AC200, fully re-charging it. The scooter battery packs on his website have sold out (https://jag35.com/products/40-cell-lgmh1-18650-lithium-scooter-battery-pack) and I can't find them anywhere else. On Will's channel he often shares LiFePo4 cells, but they're only 3.4v so a lot would be needed to be able to charge the AC200 and it would be inconvenient to carry that around instead of a little suitcase like jehugarcia made. Anyone know if Will might eventually build something similar?

Would something as simple as this work?

You would need 6 of those to fully charge an ac200 bluetti...
1.7KWh is a big battery...

And jehu’s kit won’t FULLY charge the bluetti... it’s only 1.5KWh, so, it’ll nearly charge it, but not fully charge...

If I already have a couple of bike batteries can I just make an xt90 cable to connect it into the solar port on my Bluetti AC20? One is 36v 13ah and the other is 48v 13ah. If so, what size wire?
This would be a backup for rainy days since I won't be out riding my bike on those days and wouldn't have much coming in via solar.

Back