diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 portable solar setup

norcal

Hey,

I'm looking for a setup to charge Bluetti AC200 using portable solar setup (preferably, folding setup).

The problem is that the AC200 require 35v minimum for it's MPTT charger.

I've seen quite a few posts about hooking up multiple 12v 100w (or 200w) panels in serial - but that would require 3-4 panels. Carrying so many panels is not very portable - even if they're folding or suitcase style.

My question is - would 2x of these (or similar) folding solar panels work or would never reach the voltage required for the AC200??
DOKIO 150w
Maximum Power: 150W
Optimum Operating Current (Imp):8.89A
Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 18V
Short-Circuit Current (Isc):9.14A
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 22.5V
Maximum System Voltage:600V DC (UL)

Theoretically, it says Optimum Operating Voltage is 18v - so 2x in series, it should be 36v, which should be enough for the AC200 right? or am I missing anything?!

Thanks!!!

They should suffice. More importantly, is 300W of charging sufficient for your needs?

I am looking at the same problem - solar for AC200 that is somewhat portable (or easy to set up and then store between uses). The Renogy 200W suitcase looks nice but is very expensive for the watts and by itself won't supply enough voltage to the AC200. Two of the 100W suitcases in series looks like it should work, but still expensive per watt. Also looking at the Rich Solar 100W folding panels. I've thought about buying some 100W rigid panels and making my own DIY suitcase, but not sure if I want to go that route yet.

I would like to be able to charge the AC200 (and ideally also a 100Ah Battle Born) in a single day, but that may not be realistic. It would take 8 hours of good sun to charge 2000+1200 Wh at 400 watts, which might be too much to ask for in the mid-Atlantic region. I may start small and add more capacity over time (up to 600W).

I am looking at the same problem - solar for AC200 that is somewhat portable (or easy to set up and then store between uses). The Renogy 200W suitcase looks nice but is very expensive for the watts and by itself won't supply enough voltage to the AC200. Two of the 100W suitcases in series looks like it should work, but still expensive per watt. Also looking at the Rich Solar 100W folding panels. I've thought about buying some 100W rigid panels and making my own DIY suitcase, but not sure if I want to go that route yet.

I would like to be able to charge the AC200 (and ideally also a 100Ah Battle Born) in a single day, but that may not be realistic. It would take 8 hours of good sun to charge 2000+1200 Wh at 400 watts, which might be too much to ask for in the mid-Atlantic region. I may start small and add more capacity over time (up to 600W).
I'm in the same boat. Would like portable panel solution for the AC200, even considered the Maxoak portable panels but they are pricey for only 120w.

Back