diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 Question

Giles45

Hi All,

Quick question re Bluetti AC200. I have the AC200 on my boat with a single 400w panel. I am on a mooring away from shore power so this is a great solution for powering the 240v system, coffee maker, water heater etc. Question is, Can I leave the Bluetti switched on and connected to the panel if I leave the boat for a week (I don’t need it connected to AC or DC just to the panel) This is because when I next arrive at the boat I will have 100% charge available which would be handy. Thanks in advance?

I would direct this question to Bluetti but I expect that it would be fine. However, if it isn't connected to loads (AC or DC) then just leaving it for a week and it will still be 100% charged when you get back. There is no need to "float" it with solar every day to keep it topped off.

If it has switches to turn off the inverter and the DC outputs then I would turn them off because it will draw power from batteries even if there is not DC or AC loads connected to the unit, the Solar charging should still function and charge the batteries, but hopefully the charger is designed well and manage the batteries well, as other have said, ask Bluetti for sure.

Back