diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti ac200max screen is acting crazy!

Sabbath4Life

Hello,
I bought a Bluetti ac200max and two B230 battery packs in March of this year. I use them to power my RV sometimes when I'm not hooked to shore power.They have been working fine until last week when I noticed the screen come on and when I looked at it the display had split down the middle and the left side had rotated 90deg. I was not touching it at the time, just running a small 500w space heater that was running for about an hour before this happened. The left side will still respond to touch inputs but as it's rotated I can only access 1/2 of the controls. The right side will not respond to touch input at all. I have turned it off and on at least 20 times but it always shows the bluetti start up screen properly and then it shows the messed up rotated screen afterwards. It is basically useless to me like this. Has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it? Maybe a hard reset procedure or something?
I have emailed bluetti in Canada which is actually maxoak.ca and have been waiting almost a week now with no response. I had heard rumblings that bluetti was bad for customer service, unfortunately I'm finding that to be true so far....
If anyone has any info that could help it would be greatly appreciated, I need to get this fixed or returned asap as I will be relying on it much more as winter approaches (and especially if there is an emergency ?)20220915_191336.jpg

Thanks

@Will Prowse have you ever heard of or seen anything like this?

Never, but not surprising. The number one complaint I have with bluetti is the software. Intermittent shutdowns, shunt calibration and temperature errors are very common.

This one is pretty wild. That display is all over the place. They need to fire their software engineers.

Just sent this thread to my main contact at bluetti. Let's see how they respond.
Yeah I was quite surprised when I saw the screen. It's weird that the boot screen looks fine but then I get this mess afterwards. Thanks for the help, it's very frustrating waiting to hear back from bluetti. I've emailed through the official site and I've also emailed them directly to the address listed so I could attach a photo.....now I wait?

Just sent this thread to my main contact at bluetti. Let's see how they respond.
Update: Someone on the Bluetti community forums suggested that I try to install the android app and see if I can connect through that to at least get my controls usable and try to update the firmware. I didn't think that I would be able to connect via Bluetooth because I thought I would need to turn on Bluetooth using the touch screen but I was wrong, it's always on so I was able to connect with the app. I updated the firmware and the screen was fixed!!
Thanks for reaching out to your contact, you can let him know that the firmware update solved the issue (hopefully it doesn't happen again).
Have a good one?

I really want one of these but the constant issues and poor customer service seems like it would turn it into a very heavy paperweight within a short period of time.

I just had the exact same problem!

Unfortunately the Bluetooth on my unit is off so I can’t fix it with a firmware update.
I contacted customer service but I guess I won’t hear anything back until Monday at the earliest

68DF71C7-49EC-4106-AB44-A88DA0130BE6.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems like they are doing a warranty exchange. I’m supposed to pack it up with all included accessories, then photograph my packing job. After they approve of my packing job, they will send a return label.

I have been super patiently waiting to see what issues Bluetti 200 series units were going to have. They suddenly started adding the additional warranty on those units seemed strange to me. I am now thinking that Bluetti is not the way to go. Does anyone have any experience with the Inergy Kodiak X2?

I have been super patiently waiting to see what issues Bluetti 200 series units were going to have. They suddenly started adding the additional warranty on those units seemed strange to me. I am now thinking that Bluetti is not the way to go. Does anyone have any experience with the Inergy Kodiak X2?
I don't have experience with the Kodiak X2, but do with the Flex1500. I'm happy with it, although I waited far, far too long to get it. The clips that hold the battery and head unit together are....finicky and fragile, but can be gently adjusted with pliers should things not fit together well. Seems to work well, but so far I've only used it in testing. My use case is emergency backup for the fridge and other key loads and car camping.

Update on this.

Just received the replacement AC200MAX. First thing I tried to do was register it on the app. It is still registered to the previous owner. Other than that it seems to be working good ?. So far I have to say, the warranty service has been pretty good.

Last edited:
Back