diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200Max simultaneous charge/discharge

skuzuker28

I'm strongly considering getting a Bluetti AC200Max to use as an all-in-one battery/inverter system that I can move between two different projects:

-My enclosed car hauler so I have clean, quiet source of AC power at my track days. Trailer is already wired with a panel, lights, outlets, and a 30A shoreline.
-A large shed (still in the planning stages, less than 200 sq. ft.)

My thought would be to put panels on the roof of the shed to charge the Bluetti when not in use, and also wire up the shed similar to the trailer: a panel with a 30A RV power cable to plug in to the Bluetti to provide power. The FAQ at Bluetti says this is possible, but not recommended due to increased wear on the battery. How big of a problem would this be in reality?

Okay, I’ve slept on things so I may have a better (if a little more expensive) solution: add one of those MPP all-in-ones to the shed. Panels go to the MPP, which is connected to the panel. Have a 30A plug for the AC input on the MPP, which can plug into the Bluetti if needed. Otherwise leave the AC charging adapter plugged in to keep the Bluetti topped up.

Only thing to be careful of would be to not have the Bluetti plugged into the MPP AND have the charger plugged in, otherwise I’d have a self-licking ice cream cone that would have a continuous charge/discharge overnight. Shouldn’t be too hard to avoid though.

Back