diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200Max

Ramphat

Just bought and installed my system consisting of the Bluetti AC200Max and 6 100W solar panels all wired series. I am totally new to solar. I set this system up to run an eco tube heat blower in a small shed. The blower is attached to a thermostat and the whole draw is 100w when the blower is running. My question is more about an issue I ran into upon first attaching my panels. The Bluetti arrived at 62% charged. I attached the panels and played around with the system for some time and left the battery at 49%. I turned off all outputs before leaving. The next day I returned (was really cloudy) and the system had charged the battery to 64%. I figured I would let it go another day and come back to see where its is (hoping for 100%) and to start testing my heater. Still was cloudy all the next day but when I returned to the unit, it was at 58%. I didn't expect that at all. How can this system have at least a minor input from panels, all output turned off and bleed 6% of the battery?

Those units have a high internal power use, I've seen 50 watts quoted for them. That means every day it uses 50 watts x 24 hours, 1.2 kilowatt hours of power just sitting there turned on and powering nothing. To me, it's a serious drawback of the units.

Appreciate it. If that is the case, I agree. I will contact Bluetti and see what the draw is on the unit alone.

The stats on my AC200P show efficiency of at least 88%. So can we assume that it would use up to 12% of all input power just to operate, including keeping some reserve power on hand (say 250 watts)?

The next test for my AC200P is to see how long it stays powered up starting with a 100% charge and zero input. That would give me accurate stats for my unit itself.

Back