diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200MAX

cable is 10/3 SO coated about 12' long from panels to charge controller (right outside a daylight basement window)

but, I hear you..... 2s2p when I install the 2 HQST panels....... thanks for all the steering...... rci

That's a short run... 4S will have no significant wiring advantage.

Bluetti AC200MAX
I want to charge a Bluetti AC200MAX, for a short time (until I get my other 2 panels installed), with my existing solar system which consists of:

1. 2 ea. Renogy 100W x 12V solar panels, VOC- 22.5V hooked up in parallel
2. 2 ea. HQST 100W x 12V solar panels, VOC- 24.3V UNINSTALLED/yet to be installed
3. 1 ea. RICH SOLAR 40 Amp 12V/24V DC Input MPPT Solar Charge Controller
4. 1 ea. Zooms 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery, Rechargeable Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
5. 1 ea. PowerTech ON PURE SINE WAVE Inverter 1000w Cont/2000w Peak, 12v Dc -120v Ac

The Bluetti AC200MAX FAQ says that it can be charged with:
"What kind of solar panel should I choose?
A: Total Open Circuit Voltage should be between 10V-145V. "

What I think I get out of this is that before I install the other 2 100W x 12V solar panels, I COULD charge
the AC200MAX with the 2 solar panels I have hooked up already...... am I correct ?
Also, once I connect the other 2 solar panels (for a total of 4 x 100W x 12V solar panels), it should be OK to use the DC to charge the AC200MAX as well as
using the 12V AC outlet (only use the DC or the AC when charging, not both) ?
Any issues with the touchscreen.. this is the main issue steering me towards the Ecoflow. If the screen fails then you have a 60lbs paper weight correct?

Any issues with the touch screen panel as this is the only hesitation I have with the newer Bluettis. Would rather physical button as on the Ecoflow.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought an AC200MAX and a Bluetti SP350/350W portable solar panel ..... won't be here till mid Apr. I'm hoping there won't be any issues. I've decided to keep my small 4 panel system for my garage freezer power backup and use the AC200MAX as an emergency power backup to a 15.7 Cu Ft chest freezer in my shop.
If anyone has any issues with using an AC200MAX & SP350/350W panels for a temp. power backup for a freezer, in case of a power loss, I'd like to hear about them. I'd be interested in hearing some other uses for other people's power systems.........TIA, rci

My AC200MAX powered my inside refrigerator along with the garage freezer in ambient temps ~70-deg for 5 hours and drew the MAX down to 50%. So I might assume it’ll support both for a total of 10 hours - good enough for a night.

One issue I have is using my Renogy Eclipse 200 W Suitcase with the MAX. The MAX would start out registering somewhere around 70 watts (at 50% DoD) and that quickly diminished to zero watts. Bluetti support was of zero help resolving the issue (“it must be the panels you are using”). So, I hacked the panel wiring to make it 2S instead of 2P and behold - it powered the Bluetti MAX without issue. The current in 2P config were never at or above 10 Amps. Couldn’t determine what was going on.

Just bought 4 more 100 watt panels and will try 6S next.

Thanks, nothing like real world experience ...... I'm not too optimistic about Bluetti support, from what I'm reading, but there seems to be a lot of good help/advice on these forums. Thanks again, I really do appreciate you taking the time to let me know your experience with the Bluetti AC200MAX. rci

Back