diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P directly to DC Panel?

Jchance

Hello Everyone,

after much contemplation, I’ve decided to purchase the Bluetti AC200P instead of installing a full solar system in my 30amp, 2019 class C RV. Mostly because we will be selling and upgrading to a new rig within 2 years.

Having said that, I’m looking into connecting the Bluetti 25Amp DC output with the adapter, in to my DC panel. I’m wondering if anyone has done this? Is it a bad idea? Can I do it safely with a manual switch? Any issues I should be aware of?

my power consumption needs are calculated to be just under 200AH for 24hrs without conservation and I would not be running my AC, so I’m sure we can get that down. I plan on using a combination of AC and DC when practical.

any help appreciated, thank you.

If you're proposing to supply a 12VDC distribution panel with the Bluetti 12VDC output, that's a perfectly acceptable. Note that there are some conversion losses going from 48V to 12V though likely less than 48VDC to 120VAC.

200Ah as a measure of consumption is dependent on the battery voltage. Assuming that's @ 12V, that's 2400Wh of energy - greater than the battery capacity of the Bluetti, and that doesn't account for any conversion efficiency losses. You will likely need several hundreds watts of solar to replenish that daily and should work to decrease consumption.

I would think that would work for items such as a TV and lights.
I wouldn't even try to run a heater system on it.
Refrigerators usually can run off propane as need and so can the hot water heater.
This is what I'm planning for my rig when boondocking.

FWIW, the refrigerators that can run on both propane and electric are HORRIBLY inefficient on electric. A 7.6cu-ft can use 5kWh/day - about 5-6X more than an efficient "compressor" fridge.

Let me clarify; I’m running fridge, furnace and hot water heater on propane. Lights, water pump and a mobile router on 12V DC and my TV and fire stick on AC.

the LO furnace needs either AC or DC power to run the fan. I’m not using electric heat.

I want to connect the Bluetti AC200P directly to my existing 12v panel with a manual transfer switch. I was looking for advise on this?
John

Did you see this thread?

Did you see this thread?

Thanks WSix,

yes I realize that, however, being the inverter is 87% efficient, I’ve researched it’s best to use the DC output if you can. Since this unit has a 25Amp, DC output, with an available adapter I can purchase, I’d like to wire it directly in to my RV’s DC panel with a switch over device. I’m wondering if anyone has done this successfully or doesn’t recommend this method. I am also planing on plugging in my 30amp/15Amp adapter, in to the AC side of things.

Thanks WSix,

yes I realize that, however, being the inverter is 87% efficient, I’ve researched it’s best to use the DC output if you can. Since this unit has a 25Amp, DC output, with an available adapter I can purchase, I’d like to wire it directly in to my RV’s DC panel with a switch over device. I’m wondering if anyone has done this successfully or doesn’t recommend this method. I am also planing on plugging in my 30amp/15Amp adapter, in to the AC side of things.
What adapter are you looking at? Have you hooked it in/tested yet?

I’ve decided to go with the Pecron Q3000S. More KWH for the money. I also wired my TV so I can just plug right in to the power station while keeping it inside my RV so no need to tap in to my DC panel. Although it’s very slow charging rate, when I plugged it in to my RV I didn’t even use half the battery capacity! So it will serve its purpose for me. I think the AC200P is good if you plan on being off grid day after day. Something I rarely do. The unit I have doesn’t have all the fancy features of the AC200P, just 2 on/off mechanical push buttons, simple with an LED display.

Back