diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P Issue - Solar Panels Won't Charge in Series

JimJam707

Hi everyone,

I have a Bluetti ac200p that I’m having issues properly charging with my solar panels. I have two different types of panels with two different types of connectors. I have two 100-watt panels with anderson connectors, and a 200-watt panel with solarEnz connectors. In both cases, I can’t seem to connect any of them in series successfully. I’ll get decent charge by plugging one in, but not only does connecting a second panel not change the input charge, but it actually decreases it slightly. For example, I’ll go from 50-watt input with a single panel to 48-watts with two. I’ve tried connecting the panels every which way, including the two 100-watt panels, the 200-watt panel to a 100-watt panel, and a 100-watt panel to the 200-watt panel. I’m not sure if this makes a difference, but I have to use adapters at each point of connection since the DC input plug on the generator is an X90. That being the case, I have to use an anderson-to-x90 for the 100-watt panel, a SolarEnz-to-x90 for the 200-watt panel, and a SolarEnz-to-anderson to connect the 100-watt and 200-watt panels. Anyone have any ideas where I may be going wrong?
Thanks!

Are you sure your series connected panels are not over your input max? (not likely with 200W panels).
What is the open voltage at the leads? Do you have them wired correctly?
You're not trying to pair two 100W with one 200W, right?

Spec says 35-150V. [shrug]

INPUT​

AC Adapter Input:
400W Max.
Solar Input:
700W Max., VOC 35-150V, 12A.
Car Input:
12/24V from Cigarette Lighter Port
Maximum Input:
1200W, with AC and Solar Input Simultaneously

You have to have enough voltage to get the Bluetti to actually accept a reasonable charge, AND the Bluetti will use some of that charge to actually operate.

I don't think you have enough juice from those panels to actually get the Bluetti to operate efficiently. I can barely get mine to operate with 2 Rich 200w panels. Three is decent, and all five of my panels max out the PV input of 700w.

Back