diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P only 50% capacity?

WhittlingProf

I got a new AC200P on Friday. I'm having a problem where it looks like it's dieing at 50% capacity.

After unboxing, I ran a few appliances (like an electric kettle, hot place, etc.) and some DC charging (tablet, phone, etc) to test it out.

Then I charged it fully to 100% with the AC charger before trying it out with our refrigerator on Saturday.

However, when it reached near 50% it shut off and showed fault code 043 (BMS Low voltage). The screen showed that it was 0% battery. So, I plugged it back in to recharge. But it took just 2 hours to reach 100% again, which leads me to believe that it was not fully discharged. It should take around 4-5 hours.

Today, I tried it again with the refrigerator. It ran for around 6 hours before faulting again and saying it had 0% battery. This time it faulted 026 (Battery low voltage) & 043 (BMS low voltage).

I have an email into support, and I will probably try to call them tomorrow. But I thought I would see if anyone else had experienced something similar or had a hunch what the problem might be.

Thanks!

I got in touch with customer service. Had to show them video of it happening, and they sent a replacement unit.

Unfortunately, 2 years later, I'm having a similar problem where the BMS isn't properly reading how much charge the battery actually has.

Back