diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P travel trailer install

mosho

I know this has been talked about in a few other threads on here, but wanted to post about my setup for people that are wandering.

I am using the ac200p in my Grand Design 265BH, which has rear storage compartment very near to where the shore power enters the trailer. I did not want to have the ac200p outside all the time due to weather concerns or worrying about it while we are away from the trailer doing activities. I already had the shore power routed through a power watchdog in the rear compartment, so I wired a 30amp automatic transfer switch before the watchdog with the shore power line on 1 side, and a 3 prong power cord on the other side. The 3 prong cord allows me to plug the trailer into the ac200p as if it was shore power, with the 15amp limitation. I am running my solar charge cables back out through an existing hole in the floor to the rear bumper, where I can connect up my 800w of portable solar panels. This lets me use the ac200p and solar panels when we are boondocking, but also allows me to easily remove them and use it in the house or the tent when we are car camping without the trailer. PXL_20210620_233208735.jpg

PXL_20210620_233159789.jpg

Have you had any issues with the bluetti? I was ready to buy one until I read all of the recent negative reviews on Amazon. I emailed their customer service department to get their side of the story. The reply that I received from them gave me even more reasons not to buy this product. When did you buy yours?

Back