diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200p

lightmail

I have older friends (75& healthy) that want me to help them install a 400 watt system in their van. They don't plan on a conversion to a living on board setup, just to go on 2-3 week trips all around the country every few months or so. They boon dock 2 nights then find a shower the 3rd night at motel or park where they can plug in power if they have to.. They have a bed and a few benches but nothing big time. It's just a stripped Transit cargo van. I am worried I am putting in to big a system with 2 100ah batteries. Do you think maybe going with a Bluetti would be a better way? I wonder if it would be easier for them, I am afraid that my system would be a little complicated for them. He is all for the solar set up I am designing but what do people here think. They are not hurting for money.

I'm 75., and techy at about 6 on a 1 to 10 scale, meaning I do my own computer troubleshooting, st up BT, and know my way around my Galaxy S9+.

I would go the Bluetti route. It's multitude of screen functions is techy enough. Keep it simple, especially in a once every several month affair where you have to remember how stuff works.

Best advice: Descibe the pros and cons of performance vs simplicity/complexity with them and get their reactiion.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have already ordered 2 Sok 100ah batteries and a xantrex charger inverter along with other parts but I just can't see them figuring this stuff out. I think I can send some back. I will talk to them. Again thank you for your thoughts on this...

Back