diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC300 AC1 Charging

antoinette3173

I hope this is going to end up being one of those, “Yeah, duh!” questions with a super easy fix. I recently received my Bluetti AC300 + B300 system. I am trying to charge it using the AC1 input port on the AC300, using an extension cord to my house’s wall outlet. I keep getting an alarm error: 058 Grid Voltage Low. It’s just a standard 110v US wall outlet. I emailed Bluetti and haven’t heard back. I’ve tried different outlets; tried changing extension cords… same error every time. What am I missing?

I hope this is going to end up being one of those, “Yeah, duh!” questions with a super easy fix. I recently received my Bluetti AC300 + B300 system. I am trying to charge it using the AC1 input port on the AC300, using an extension cord to my house’s wall outlet. I keep getting an alarm error: 058 Grid Voltage Low. It’s just a standard 110v US wall outlet. I emailed Bluetti and haven’t heard back. I’ve tried different outlets; tried changing extension cords… same error every time. What am I missing?
Just a thought - can you transport it to a different location (like a neighbor) and try it? This would rule out your local wiring as the issue and might lead to faster action when you contact the company.

By default the AC300 is going to pull 15 amps from the grid, so if you have a loaded circuit or are far enough away from the entrypoint to your house (like in a detached garage or something), you’ll see a significant voltage drop. I don’t know why they don’t let you lower the current without the password, but try emailing them for the password and set the charge current lower than 15. You should be able to custom set it to, say 5 amps, and it might work in that case.

By default the AC300 is going to pull 15 amps from the grid, so if you have a loaded circuit or are far enough away from the entrypoint to your house (like in a detached garage or something), you’ll see a significant voltage drop. I don’t know why they don’t let you lower the current without the password, but try emailing them for the password and set the charge current lower than 15. You should be able to custom set it to, say 5 amps, and it might work in that case.
I loaded the system onto a dolly, wheeled it from its home in the detached garage (not wired for electricity) to the attached garage (wired), and plugged it in. Wouldn’t you know, it started charging at about 1600 watts. This isn’t ideal because I’m not interested in lugging this huge thing across the property to do AC1 charging, but at least I know the problem isn’t the unit itself. Now I need to figure out what it is about the house’s interior outlets the Bluetti didn’t like. There is almost nothing pulling from the circuits (a night light on one, a lamp on the other), so I am baffled.

I loaded the system onto a dolly, wheeled it from its home in the detached garage (not wired for electricity) to the attached garage (wired), and plugged it in. Wouldn’t you know, it started charging at about 1600 watts. This isn’t ideal because I’m not interested in lugging this huge thing across the property to do AC1 charging, but at least I know the problem isn’t the unit itself. Now I need to figure out what it is about the house’s interior outlets the Bluetti didn’t like. There is almost nothing pulling from the circuits (a night light on one, a lamp on the other), so I am baffled.
If it's a long run of 14awg (might be if it's old wiring) then the voltage drop is probably too high. Try reducing the charging power like the other guy suggested.

I’m getting AC overvoltage error when I plug it into the wall. Anybody ever heard of that?

Back