diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC300 / B300 / PV200 - A New Beginning

zzyzx

Apprentice Neanderthal
From 2020 through early 2021, I purchased various LiFePO4 batteries, hoping to build backup batteries for times when the grid was down. Due to the world-wide logistics issues everyone is facing and my personal experience with the "One Apus" adventure, I decided to try something different and sold-off all batteries I had purchased and patiently waited to receive.

On September 15, 2021, I took the plunge and placed two orders for the following Bluetti items :

#1 . . . 1ea AC300 + 2ea B300 + 3ea PV200
#2 . . . 1ea AC300 + 1eaB300

The items were received :
3ea PV200 on 11/17/2021
1ea AC300 + 2ea B300 on 12/01/2021
1ea AC300 + 1ea B300 on 12/04/2021

My out-of-the-box experience was that the first received B300 would not turn-on (required a "long-press" on the power button). It was DOA. The other two B300s turned-on (with a "long-press" of the power button) and they indicated a "60%" charge as shown on the B300 LEDs.

With the first received AC300s grid-powered (I have not tried the second AC300 yet), each B300 was connected individually to the AC300 and each was recognized on the AC300 touch-screen display, but only the two B300s that could be manually turned-on would charge.

I then connected each B300 individually to a single PV200 solar panel. The DOA B300 was still DOA. Interestingly, only one of the remaining B300s would automatically turn-on and begin charging. The other B300 would not turn-on or charge.

And here begins my next adventure.

Comments?

Please give an update on the return policy and your experience.

I hope I never have to return anything, but I did save the boxes just in case.

One thing I have learned is that a house uses a lot of electricity. We only have one AC300 and one battery presently, with another set ordered.

From 2020 through early 2021, I purchased various LiFePO4 batteries, hoping to build backup batteries for times when the grid was down. Due to the world-wide logistics issues everyone is facing and my personal experience with the "One Apus" adventure, I decided to try something different and sold-off all batteries I had purchased and patiently waited to receive.

On September 15, 2021, I took the plunge and placed two orders for the following Bluetti items :

#1 . . . 1ea AC300 + 2ea B300 + 3ea PV200
#2 . . . 1ea AC300 + 1eaB300

The items were received :
3ea PV200 on 11/17/2021
1ea AC300 + 2ea B300 on 12/01/2021
1ea AC300 + 1ea B300 on 12/04/2021

My out-of-the-box experience was that the first received B300 would not turn-on (required a "long-press" on the power button). It was DOA. The other two B300s turned-on (with a "long-press" of the power button) and they indicated a "60%" charge as shown on the B300 LEDs.

With the first received AC300s grid-powered (I have not tried the second AC300 yet), each B300 was connected individually to the AC300 and each was recognized on the AC300 touch-screen display, but only the two B300s that could be manually turned-on would charge.

I then connected each B300 individually to a single PV200 solar panel. The DOA B300 was still DOA. Interestingly, only one of the remaining B300s would automatically turn-on and begin charging. The other B300 would not turn-on or charge.

And here begins my next adventure.

Comments?
I would be emailing and calling bluetti for sure. Tech support may be able to get them all operating. But it sounds like it is warranty time… certainly keep us in the loop how the support treats you.

Now that Christmas is behind me, I decided to get back to my Bluetti "activities."

On 12/30/2021 at 5:41p PST, I sent an email to service@bluetti.com, describing my issues, which included a photo of the list of error codes on the AC300's display during initialization. I received a response the same day at 6:02p PST from a nice lady.

She asked a few questions (which led me to send a followup email), requested a photo of the serial number of the DOA unit, told me to safely dispose of the faulty unit and they would send a replacement within 4-6 weeks. Simple.

However, my followup email was sent due to those few questions she asked. This email was sent on 12/30/2021 at 9:34p PST, with her responding on 12/30/2021 at 11:58p PST. The short answer was that the other two B300 units (which turned-on) are to be safely disposed of as well, with replacements to be sent when available. Simple.

Please be aware that I am purposely being vague as to the details so as to NOT give any "ideas" to anyone. ;)

The bottom line is that Bluetti was very responsive to my emails, provided prompt solutions and my expectations were far exceeded by their actions. Should anyone else have issues with Bluetti products, I encourage you to contact their service department. It worked for me.

I will comment further upon receipt of the replacement B300s.

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 1:43a PST, I received tracking numbers on the three B300 replacement batteries from the same nice lady. FEDEX received the batteries on Friday, January 14th in the City of Industry, CA and went to their Fullerton distribution center the same day. As I reside in Southern California, the batteries were on a truck, out for delivery on Saturday, January 15th, which I received at 9:08a PST.

The strapped, shipping box, the interior B300 box with shipping foam and the B300s themselves arrived with no damage at all. Upon a long-press of the power button on each B300 unit, each powered-on and showed their SOC, two at 80% and one at 60% using the integrated LED lights.

Now, I will finally get a chance to check out the features and capabilities of these new generation of solar "generators".

I am very pleased with the service I received from Bluetti. Hopefully, those of you who have purchased products from this company have a positive service encounter or will receive similar treatment if (or when) the need ever arises. Good Luck! ? ? ?

....told me to safely dispose of the faulty unit and they would send a replacement within 4-6 weeks. Simple.

However, my followup email was sent due to those few questions she asked. This email was sent on 12/30/2021 at 9:34p PST, with her responding on 12/30/2021 at 11:58p PST. The short answer was that the other two B300 units (which turned-on) are to be safely disposed of as well, with replacements to be sent when available. Simple.

Please be aware that I am purposely being vague as to the details so as to NOT give any "ideas" to anyone. ;)
If anyone is going to do "that", I don't think you would have seeded the idea. You also placed a pretty large order with multiple units, I would imagine that the return / throw-away policy isn't the same for people who didn't receive such a large shipment.

I will say, if I were to buy a prefab "solar generator" I would probably choose Bluetti because of their customer service. I'm glad you had a good experience.

I am in the middle of experiencing almost the same circumstance as zzyzx. Only I have had no response from Bluetti.

July 9th ordered 1 AC-300 and 2 B-300s. They arrived surprisingly quickly in two weeks and all powered on, and all were tested to charge fully and deplete full and then recharge. Good story so far.

So on July 24th I ordered the special of TWO B-300 batteries. Incredibly (again I had anticipated a long wait) they arrived less than a week later, FEDEX.

First of those B300's will not power on at all, even with long press just is dark. Also looks like that box was damaged (in shipping or they sent me a return???)
Second of the new B300's plugged in but showed 0 SOC. it powers on meaning a green light is in the ring on the button, and the % lights come on showing 20% (or less I guess). But even isolated to the AC-300 and just that battery, it will not even power the AC-300 to a start up. When I again attach one or two of my first good B300s the AC-300 starts up and will show those batteries properly, but the "ghost" B300 as 0% SOC and (in the app) "offline".

I have tried mixing around the cables. It is not the cable. Tried long presses and short presses. NO luck. I called Bluetti customer service and after waiting on hold the "nice lady" message came on saying they were really busy and would "try" to get back to me if I left a message...then the announcement ends and the service says "Bluetti mailbox is full"- you cannot even LEAVE a message, so probably little chance they will call me back.

I have sent three emails. Tried sale@bluettipower.com, service@bluetti.com, and service@bluettipower.com

NO RESPONSE after two working weekdays (their website says they will respond within 48 hours).

Not sure what to do next except contact my credit card company and reverse the charge with the reason "defective material" or perhaps "Fraud" seeing as I have two 80 lb boxes filled with sand.

Anyone with any more technical information would be very helpful.

Wow. I am surprised as my experience was very fast customer support response and replacement units. My replacement units have been working 24/7 since receiving them with no problems at this time. I hope all ends well for your situation. ?

Back