diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC300 for Cargo camper?

rbartlett

Would you recommend the Bluetti AC300 for a Cargo Camper? I am wired for 30 Amp shore power. I don't plan to Boondock a lot. I plan to use a single burner Induction cook top, an Instant pot, 9000 btu Mini-split heat pump, small refrigerator and a combo air fryer / microwave. I figure my max load at any one time to be about 2800 watts, but that would only be for short times, with normal usage at about 800 watts. What would you recommend for Solar Panels? I am hoping to get by with only 2 mounted panels but could go 3 if I had too. Thanks for the feedback.

Assuming a combo of the AC300 and 1 battery is $3700.

How about a 48v Growatt 3000 and a 48v server rack battery for @$2400 ? I say a Growatt as it is an all in one and seems like you probably don't want to have to build out too many components.

I have seen some discussion about server rack batteries in mobile applications and concern about vibration and/or dust. Maybe someone else can comment? If that does become a concern, could put 4 100ah 12v LFP in series.

That does not include the cabling and a buck converter from 48v to 12v etc. but could save you a bit of money.

Regarding solar panels, how large is the roof of your cargo camper? Are there any obstructions like fans and such?

Would you ever try and run the mini split on battery or just on shore power? At @700 watts your battery wouldn't last very long.

I recently purchased (March 2022) a Titan (6,000wh 3 batteries) not yet delivered, great package for my needs from Point Zero Energy. My final 3 was Titan, AC300, and Delta Pro and obviously chose the Titan. Warning though, they (Titan) are about 2 months out on delivery…order now will ship in May, mine will ship in April.
If your only going for 2-3 panels you will want IMHO 700-800 watts in panels (more is better) as a minimum between those 3 panels. The Titan for instance voltage requirements is 35vdc minimum, 145vdc maximum and will except 2,000 watts of solar input with 2 batteries connected.

Back