diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC300 inputs...

Huskydriver

I'm thinking about getting a Bluetti AC300. I'm just curious on the solar input. It says it can take up to 2400w of solar, but it's two separate inputs. I was a little confused by this. I have a bunch of 320w panels rated at 40v and 9.8a each. I currently have an AC200 max that i have using three panels in series, but if I doubled it and ran it in parallel it would exceed the AC300 input amps. My question is can I run two seperate series strings to the AC300? The Bluetti says its max input is 2400w 150v 12a, but it also says it has two inputs rated at 1200 150v 12a, so are these two seperate inputs? Running two in parallell to the unit would exceed the amps, but if they are separate inputs then maybe it's possible running each in series which i already do with my AC200 max.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting a Bluetti AC300. I'm just curious on the solar input. It says it can take up to 2400w of solar, but it's two separate inputs. I was a little confused by this. I have a bunch of 320w panels rated at 40v and 9.8a each. I currently have an AC200 max that i have using three panels in series, but if I doubled it and ran it in parallel it would exceed the AC300 input amps. My question is can I run two seperate series strings to the AC300? The Bluetti says its max input is 2400w 150v 12a, but it also says it has two inputs rated at 1200 150v 12a, so are these two seperate inputs?

Yes.

Running two in parallell to the unit would exceed the amps, but if they are separate inputs then maybe it's possible running each in series which i already do with my AC200 max.

You can generally exceed the amps as the unit will just ignore anything over 12A, but 2P on the same input would waste up to 50% of your array power based on current.

You can generally exceed the amps as the unit will just ignore anything over 12A
Does the max series fuse/wire rating matter on the panels themselves when it comes to the amps? Panels I have say Max Series Fuse rating of 20A, but normally produce 12A. If I put in parallel wouldn't that be up to 24A and could possibly blow the fuse?

Does the max series fuse/wire rating matter on the panels themselves when it comes to the amps?

Yes.

Panels I have say Max Series Fuse rating of 20A, but normally produce 12A. If I put in parallel wouldn't that be up to 24A and could possibly blow the fuse?

24A definitely would blow a 20A fuse. The 20A is for each STRING of panels, i.e., those that are in series with each other.

In parallel, you would have a 20A fuse on EACH panel if you go that route. You technically do not need fuses on 2P or less as the panels themselves are self-fusing.

Back