diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC300 Portable Power Station

solarinc

I hope its ok to start a thread about this topic along with my questions. I purchased the AC300 along with the battery and 3 solar panels.
I have watched several youtube videos but havent been able to find an answer. I called Bluetti and the guy didnt seem to have a simple answer to what I thought was a very simple question:

If I have 3000 watts, around 2800 useable watts. We use it for small electrical items, but I was wanting to see what the "facts" are on this thing.

I plugged in a portable heater, I used the PN2000 watt meter and it was using a little bit under 1500 watts. How do I find Will's 87% limit. The other guy on Youtube supposedly had a bad battery and Bluetti sent him a replacement.

When running the heater, it was using 1% every minute. (does that sound logical) in solar power? So in one hour I would use 60% of the battery, and in one hour and 25 minutes it would be at 15% and supposedly would shut off to save the batteries.

Do I have to calculate something else besides 1% per minute usage to see how close I am to 80 or 87%?

I dont regret making this purchase but it would ease my mind if I my calculations were in the factory range.

I don't really know how to answer your question, because it's a little confusing, so I'll start typing stuff that I think might help:

90% usable
88% efficient

3048Wh * .9 usable = 2743Wh usable from battery
2743Wh usable * .88 efficient = 2414Wh usable as output.

So 2414Wh/1500W = 1.6 hours run time for your 1500W load.

This will be somewhat reduced because the unit consumes a little power for itself.

Concerning solar, each of the solar inputs is limited to 150Voc (including temperature margin) and 12A. In order to get the rated 1200W out of them, 1) the panels will need to be getting enough to do so, 2) Vmp needs to be at or a little above 100V, 3) Imp needs to be about 12A.

So 2414Wh/1500W = 1.6 hours run time for your 1500W load.
I really appreciate your help in trying to understand my question (and worries)

These are the numbers that seem to be my concern.

So out of the 3048Wh's. Does 2414Wh/1500W look normal?
My concern is, is it possible one of the batteries inside the B300 is not working corretly?
Or should my number be closer to 2743Wh/1500W?

On the watt meter you will see about 2414 wh if the battery works as claimed. The watt meter does not show the inverter losses which will make the actual pull from the battery closer to 2743 Wh.

I really appreciate your help in trying to understand my question (and worries)

These are the numbers that seem to be my concern.

So out of the 3048Wh's. Does 2414Wh/1500W look normal?

Yes.

My concern is, is it possible one of the batteries inside the B300 is not working corretly?

Maybe, but not if you get about 2.4kWh out of it.

No. Inverters aren't 100% efficient.

The watt meter does not show the inverter losses
Thank you, I would have never have known this.
So if I run my test again and get a reading of about 2414, I shouldnt be concerned about a defective battery?

Maybe I could have simplified my question... will a B300 be at 15% after running a 1500 watt heater for 1 hour and 25 minutes?

I am really really sorry for not having any knowledge at all about this stuff.
Its a miracle I found this forum.

Back