diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC300 takes on MPPsolar and Growatt (will a DIY battery be possible)?

PriusFan

I’d love to see Will review this upcoming device (he has already been running the B300 batteries). From the press release: “The AC300 is entirely modular with the main unit housing the 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter. Each AC300 needs to be paired with at least one 3072Wh B300 battery but can accept up to 4 battery modules for 12,228Wh of capacity. The Fusion Box Pro will allow individuals to pair two AC300's together, boosting the entire system up to 240V, 6000W. A fully stacked system with two AC300’s and eight B300’s will grant 24,576Wh. The AC300 is able to support 2400W solar input, while the fully stacked version allows for 10,400W.”

The AC300 doesn’t have a battery itself and it’s not clear Bluetti will sell it separately. However DIY batteries have easily been attached to the AC200 models. The B300’s are LFP.

What I think we are seeing in the AC300 is Growatt and MPPsolar units in a format that isn’t fixed on a wall. The specs on the AC300 look a lot like a MPPsolar 3048LV-MK prewired with a bunch of additional outlets and connectors. Not everyone wants to figure out all the wiring, fuses, etc. Does that seem right?

There is still plenty of DIY room here (batteries, solar array, etc) but the AC300, if sold alone, might make the rest of the DIY less intimidating. Love to see Will hack a DIY battery and take this thing apart.

Video offers more details:

Last edited:
If the AC300 is not a stand alone unit and needs a battery pack to do anything that’s a major marketing screw up on Bluetti’s part imnsho.
2899 intro price discounted from 3699, and it’s as useful as a paperweight without a battery system?
Whaaaaaat.
plus tax of course and still have to buy the battery pack?
Going to end up 4 to 5k for a 3000w energy storage and distribution device… and still need to buy panels etc.
That doesn’t seem like a great deal… but maybe I've misunderstood or just not getting something.
I’d be a buyer at 2899 if the AC300 was a standalone system like the AC200 series. If it’s not, I’m not a buyer.

I think the $2899 includes a 3000WH B300. Hopefully Bluetti will clarify soon. They haven’t revealed much despite Will having two of the B300’s (actually B230’s) in a recent video.

I think the $2899 includes a 3000WH B300. Hopefully Bluetti will clarify soon. They haven’t revealed much despite Will having two of the B300’s (actually B230’s) in a recent video.
All the pricing details and specs are listed on their website towards the bottom of this page: https://www.bluettipower.com/pages/ac300ac200max

$2899 preorder price for the AC300 including one B300 and $1599 for additional B300s. That's supposedly $800 and $500 off the regular prices, respectively.

I'm trying to learn and am brand new to all of this. I am currently converting my 2015 Ford Transit to a Tiny Home/Office. I will be using the following items
500w Desktop computer (2-4 hrs/day), and charging cell phones, cameras, laptop, dry flush toilet.
12v DC Fridge
12v DC Dometic A.C.
12v DC Maxx Air Fan 7000
12v puck lights (4)
12v (?) water heater

Also would like to be able to charge from DC/DC van battery, maybe that DC Charging Enhancer.

So my question - do you think the AC300 with 2 B300 with a 400w Solaria monocrystalline solar panel is doable? Is this practical?
Thanks.

It just gets better. The first home size unit, the Point Zero Titan looked promising but then buyers had some major teething problems. This one, if we are to trust Will’s evaluation takes the solar generator game to a whole new level. My 10kw battery and Growatt 3000 arrived yesterday, I saw Will’s review after. I hope it works out. Plug and play never looked better.

Last edited:
I'm trying to learn and am brand new to all of this. I am currently converting my 2015 Ford Transit to a Tiny Home/Office. I will be using the following items
500w Desktop computer (2-4 hrs/day), and charging cell phones, cameras, laptop, dry flush toilet.
12v DC Fridge
12v DC Dometic A.C.
12v DC Maxx Air Fan 7000
12v puck lights (4)
12v (?) water heater

Also would like to be able to charge from DC/DC van battery, maybe that DC Charging Enhancer.

So my question - do you think the AC300 with 2 B300 with a 400w Solaria monocrystalline solar panel is doable? Is this practical?
Thanks.
Not sure you what mean by 12v water heater. Never seen one of those. You can run all that, but you're never gonna keep that 6 kwh bank charged with a 400w solar panel. A 400w panel will probably keep up with the fridge, lights, and fan most of the time if you've got some direct sun on it. A/C with solar is very difficult. Probably need about 1200w solar minimum. The AC300 is not going to do very well charging directly off your van's 12V system. It has a very low max allowable charge current that would make charging at 12v very slow. I would probably wire in something like a 1000-2000w inverter, depending on the size of your van's alternator, to charge through the AC300's AC charging input when the van is running. That requires some serious size cabling so make sure you know what you're doing.

Back