diy solar

diy solar

BLUETTI EB150 Solar and AC Power Question

RichBeBe

I have a Bluetti EB150 in my van. I have it set with a voltage sensing relay powering a small inverter. I then have the AC adapter plugged into the inverter, so when my van is running and the alternator is charging enough it turns on the ac adapter and charges the EB150. This works flawlessly when I am driving, but if I am parked for a bit I struggle to keep the battery charged enough.
I want to add a 100-watt panel to the roof (all the space I have) and have it connected so it charges the battery whenever there is sun, but I want to also have it charge when driving. I was thinking a Y-connector might cause issues with "backfeeding" as the AC adapter would be putting a lot more power out than the solar panels. Also when the car is off, would the solar panel backfeed into the ac powered charger? I have a basic knowledge of electrical, so I was thinking I might need diodes to stop the backfeeding.
Has anyone else done this? Did it work with just a "Y" or needed to do more?

The power coming from the solar panel is DC and it sounds as if you are converting the car battery power to AC using an adapter. No you cannot charge AC and DC at the same time.

The power going into the Bletti from the AC adapter is DC, so the connections would be DC to DC.

I have the exact same issue! Have you or anyone else come up with a solution or successfully tried the "Y" adapter with or without diodes?

Back