diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti EB150 sometimes working / sometime not

Mat Grewe

Hey all,

My year and a half old (out of warranty) Bluetti EB150 has been a bit finnicky the past month. It will randomly turn off (despite being at least half charged and running less than 100 watts) and then won't turn back on or charge for a day or two. After a couple days, it will back turn on and work normally for a week or so, then go a day(s) without working again... I am charging it off the 200 watt AC charger (not solar) and it never sees a load above 400 watts.

The only constant I can think of is that it has been warm in my house when it turns off, perhaps 80 degrees, but I've never had issues in the past. The fact that it will turn on and work normally after sitting untouched for a day or two has me really stumped.

Does anyone have ideas as to what could be going on? Currently, my unit is in the "not working" mode, but I will try turning it on again tomorrow and report back.

Thank you so much,
Mat

The confusion continues. It turned on like nothing was amiss this morning! So I have power until it decides to poop out on me again. This was the third time in the past month it mysteriously shut down and would not turn back on for a couple days. Any help is appreciated.

Hard to troubleshoot an intermittent fault. So a couple of questions. Do you move it around? Possibly movement causes a loose connection to lose conduction. Heat could also cause this issue.

However likely your best bet for answers is to contact the manufacturer and relate your problem.

I haven't heard back from Bluetti, but it wasn't working over the weekend so I took it partially apart to see if I noticed anything wonky (removed front and back panels, battery, and bms). Nothing looked awry, but once I put it back together, it powered up immediately and has stayed working the past few days without a hitch. It is too soon to tell if this is a lasting "fix", but potentially there was a loose connection despite it rarely being moved. We shall see!

I haven't heard back from Bluetti, but it wasn't working over the weekend so I took it partially apart to see if I noticed anything wonky (removed front and back panels, battery, and bms). Nothing looked awry, but once I put it back together, it powered up immediately and has stayed working the past few days without a hitch. It is too soon to tell if this is a lasting "fix", but potentially there was a loose connection despite it rarely being moved. We shall see!
Hi! I have an EB240, this problem is happening to my Bluetti now. Have you found a fix for it?? Thank you!!

Back