diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti eb240 max or over panel solar?

Fen

Bluetti eb240s ordered. Now what panels?

These options I understand will work for 400 watts:
4 100s in the series/parallel
2 200 in parallel

The units are rated for 500, plus I'm up north and may not be angled for the best sun where I can mount them.
Any advice on a maximizing? Is there a 250 panel that I can run 2 of in series? How about over paneling this unit? Can I do it while staying within the volts but running the amps higher than the rated 10? That would count on charger to restrict amps. Thinking two 320w in parallel, one facing east one facing west.

I found a Hobbotech review of the EB240 in which he over-paneled the EB240 with 3 170W panels by BougeRV. These had 21 VOC thus 3 in series were under the 67.3 limit of the controller. He said that the amps would just be regulated down which answered my main question. In a later video he said how some people were not able to do 3 of these without voltage errors. From my reading I'm guessing the temperature caused the difference. Up north here I better account for a 20% increase in voltage in the winter. Also, I see manufactures give the VOC with +%. I've seen 3-5%. Thus, I'm thinking I need a 25% VOC buffer. I was thinking I could put 3 100W Newpowa panels in series (x2 sets for parallel) but that would be 20v x 3 for 60 VOC before considering low temperatures. I'm currently thinking 2 Richsolar 200W (x2 sets in parallel). The search continues.

Following.

I have the EB240 and hopefully have an AC200P coming in as well (Was the last unit available, so waiting to make sure I actually get it). Was really hoping to find a panel that works with both and just buy multiples. Having a hard time finding the right panel myself.

I was looking at those BougeRV ones. Thinking maybe go that route and just leave a panel out during winter usage. Mine will be temporary ground mounted. For outages only. 3 during the summer, two winter. Or something from Santan used and do the same thing.

I bought 6 newpowa 100w panels. They were $80 each delivered on Amazon. I should be able to run a 3 series x 2 parallel (6 total). This should be below my 67v limit except when pretty cold. They will not be used at night of course which is when it is coldest. During cold days I'll either detach one or cover one if that works for voltage reduction.? With 600w total hopefully I'll max my 500w input even with a few clouds. I'll post how it works out.

Small update from my end.

Ended up buying two Acopower 100w panels for $70 each on Amazon. So far, I’m liking the panels. On the smaller size being only just over 20” wide. On a somewhat cloudy day, got about 20w from the panel early morning. Tested with my EB70. The 240 is out at my inlaws. They lost power so it there to help with the fridge.

Ordered two more panels today so I’d have a total of four.

I wanted to post that I came up with another combo for my second bluetti eb240. I could not find 6 more of the low voltage (19.83 voc) 100 watt panels. What I bought this time was 4 jjn 200 watt bifacial panels for a 2s 2p matrix. They are 28.1 voc so should not over volt the eb240. I haven't played around much but I think that it will take the 800 watt over panelling to get close to the 500 watt eb240 input limit since you never get close to the rated watts. The trick seems to be reaching 50 volts without going over 67 volts.

Back