diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti eb240 powering a unique 6cuft fridge

mrvaudo

Bought an eb240 for backup purposes and was thinking about pairing it with a unique solar fridge

bluetti has 2400Wh

the solar fridges specs are

• Total Watt. Hr. Draw (24V DC): 520 Wh/ 24 hrs (set to -14˚C freezer/+4˚C fridge performance in a +25˚C ambient)
  • Total Amp. Hr. Draw (24V DC): 19.8 Ah/ 24 hrs (set to -14˚C freezer/+4˚C fridge performance in a +25˚C ambient)
  • Power Consumption: 52 W on 12V/24V
  • Average Run Current: 4.3A on 12V & 2.2A on 24V
I figure Id get the AC adaptor and run the fridge off AC in the garage and be able to switch it over to DC from the bluetti in power outage situations.

I'm trying to figure out how long it would run and how many solar panels I would need to have to keep it running indefinitely if possible. In southern California so we get a good amount of sunshine.

Total solar newbie but the watt hour draw looks like 520 per day and the battery holds 2400 (probably not all usable). Almost 5 days without recharge? I'm assuming I'd need to generate 520 Wh per day to keep it running. I'm sure it's more complicated than that. Thanks for any help.

Looks like your math is right.
Fridges don't run 24/7 so if it averages out to 520 W per day, then you will get about 4.6 days if the entire 2400 W is available.

Thanks for the info both of you. I'll see how it does and maybe add another panel if I need it. I might end up going with a chest freezer/fridge which will use less energy. Pretty amazing to be able to run it off such minimal equipment

Bought an eb240 for backup purposes and was thinking about pairing it with a unique solar fridge

bluetti has 2400Wh

• Total Watt. Hr. Draw (24V DC): 520 Wh/ 24 hrs (set to -14˚C freezer/+4˚C fridge performance in a +25˚C ambient)
  • Total Amp. Hr. Draw (24V DC): 19.8 Ah/ 24 hrs (set to -14˚C freezer/+4˚C fridge performance in a +25˚C ambient)
I figure Id get the AC adaptor and run the fridge off AC in the garage and be able to switch it over to DC from the bluetti in power outage situations.

I'm trying to figure out how long it would run and how many solar panels I would need to have to keep it running indefinitely if possible. In southern California so we get a good amount of sunshine.

Total solar newbie but the watt hour draw looks like 520 per day and the battery holds 2400 (probably not all usable). Almost 5 days without recharge? I'm assuming I'd need to generate 520 Wh per day to keep it running. I'm sure it's more complicated than that. Thanks for any help.
I've a dometic cx3-75 (2 compartments, freezer & fridge, 75 Liters). It has a battery protection monitor allowing

bluetti has 2400Wh

I've a Dometic 75 Liter, 2 separate freezer/fridge compartment, CX3-75.
It has a battery protection monitor allowing light, medium or heavy protection, so as not to drain your automobile OR the Bluetti's battery. (could also run on ac).

I run it on "medium", keep Fridge @ 34° F, Freezer @ 28° F, have it full with ~ 2-3 weeks of food and run it off my Bluetti EB240 cigar lighter.

WHEN it draws, it's ~ 42W. Haven't measured a 24 hr total yet, but it seems less than 1 battery segment, which would be 2400W/5 segments = ~ 480W.

Granted, it cost a few $, but REAL peace of mind is worth it.
AND there are a few other features, like reversible opening lids etc.

Thank you all so much for your time. I've reconnected the panel correctly, tested and no E017 error! Woo hoo!
Many thanks! ?

Reactions: wtj
I am running an Iceco 45L at 0degrees off a bluetti eb240 after 4 days i still have two bars left ... if thathelps, the iceco is running on 12v eco mode and draws 33 watts

Back