diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti EB240 PV Amps limited to 10 A. Any margin on that...say 1.68 V?

wtj

I have 2 Sunpower flexible 170W panels. Can't use in series, because of the system voltage limit of THE PANEL!
Their rated current is 5.84 A so in parallel I risk 11.68A at the 10 A limited input to the Bluetti EB240.

Should I risk that Bluetti's input A is as conservatively rated as their input V?
Look for some current-limiting device that won't kick in 'til 10A ....Oh, wait... that's a fuse ,
Perhaps an easy-access fuse and hope that the panels never, or rarely enough ever put out 11.68 A?

or just use the one panel and get an AC200 in a month or two & let you guys have this one at a great price?

Will pose the same question in panels/connection.

I have 2 Sunpower flexible 170W panels. Can't use in series, because of the system voltage limit of THE PANEL!
Their rated current is 5.84 A so in parallel I risk 11.68A at the 10 A limited input to the Bluetti EB240.

Should I risk that Bluetti's input A is as conservatively rated as their input V?
Look for some current-limiting device that won't kick in 'til 10A ....Oh, wait... that's a fuse ,
Perhaps an easy-access fuse and hope that the panels never, or rarely enough ever put out 11.68 A?

or just use the one panel and get an AC200 in a month or two & let you guys have this one at a great price?

10 amps is not a safety limit like the 68Voc max input.
You can exceed 10A with no worries.
You can definitely Series connect your two 170 watt panels because the total added Voc will be under 68 volts.
What is the Voc on those panels?

I will take that piece of junk EB240 off you for $500
You get an answer but keep making new posts.
If you searched this forum you will find your answers.

Specs read 68V max with 73 +/- 2V OVP (over voltage protection)
73 minus 2 is 71V,
Will they honor a warranty operating past 68V? Who knows?
I wonder about that current, however.

Unlike the safety margin of 73+/-2, I see no margin on current.
I have a similar prob with two 170W Sunpower flexies,
but they also note on their spec table Max system voltage: 45V!
You got the answer on the current and it is impossible to go past 68V due to it safely shutting off so what warranty issue?
Why do you think you can't series connect 2 170 watt panels?
Why do you ask a question then dont reply to answers then keep asking the same question in other posts?
Are forums that confusing to you?

Back