diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti EB70 solar panel/s to get closest to full 200w charging??

Hook up a 200+ watt 24v solar panel, set the buck output voltage to 29.5V and it should send 200watts to the unit. Staying under the 8A limit.
How to hook that thing up? Just in-line between the panel and the solgen?

thats off rich solar's website for the 12v 200w solar panel

View attachment 47807

forgive my ignorance. I pulled this off the rich solar website. Is there something im not aware of? I wanna make sure before I order.

Looking at 168w with this still. If my math is correct.

Capturemv.PNG

this is the bluetti sp200. Lower Vmp. So unless the eb70 can't take a 200w input from their own panel.... something seems off. I imagine it should be able to take 10amps at 20v.

Last edited:
If this is correct, either hobotech is wrong, or they have a panel with 25Vmp that will output 200W at 8 amps...

Maybe Will will get one to review and we will have the true report instead of HBOTECH and his show...

Diagram please.
There isn’t much to it... solar panel connects to the regulated power supply input, and the output is connected to the solar generator solar input.

Will has some videos on using a 12V regulator to supply an inverter without batteries using them. Just substitute an adjustable buck converter, or one set to 25V and at least 8 amps and bobs yer uncle.

View attachment 47807

forgive my ignorance. I pulled this off the rich solar website. Is there something im not aware of? I wanna make sure before I order.

Did you order this? Seems perfect for EB70. What were the peak watts you obtained?

I bought a boost converter from china to use with 2 100w panels in parallel, while it does output 27v the watt output is lower than I expected.
Don't buy.
Before 160w
After 110w

boostcon.jpg

Last edited:
Order a Bluetti EB70 yesterday on the hype and it looks like it will fit my power needs well. It’s for a small horse trailer food/bar setup. Small 110v fridge and 12v lights and chargers. This is my 1st solar generator and my 1st dive into anything solar or battery.

My question is i would like to purchase 1-200w panel to mount on the roof of the food truck but I am having a real problem matching something to optimize the 200w input capabilities. From reviews today I hear that the eb70 has a max of 8a solar input. That makes it almost impossible to find a 200w panel or for that matter 2-100w panels to max out the 200w input (or close enough).

Does anyone have any panel suggestions? Ideally 1-200w panel or 2 compact 100w ridged panels. I’d even entertain flexible or Fol arable but that will harder for us in the long run.

Greatly appreciated!!

specs of eb70
View attachment 47470
I have used Ecoflow 220W Bifacial Panel, and it worked fine. I have never seen watts get above 177W.
During phone conversation with Bluetti customer support, I was told to never let VOC get above specs, and that watts and amps can go over specs and that the excess just won't be used. Considering attaching two Echoflow 160W panels in parallel and attaching - smaller and more portable - plan to go cross country down a mountain to power my Starlink internet.

To achieve close to 200W solar, you pretty much need 25V and above. I got 192W from a 24V LiFePo4 battery. The issue with solar panels is that the Bluetti drops solar voltage down to 17-18v. Hence, I was only able to get 130-140W from 2x 100W Solar Saga panels in parallel. I discuss this in my review of the EB55 (smaller brother to EB70).

I think you can put more than 200w into EB70 according to Bluetti technical as long as it doesn't go over the 28Voc.
That is what they are telling me, they say I can use 300w panels as long as I don't exceed Voc.

Last edited:
I think you can put more than 200w into EB70 according to Bluetti technical as long as it doesn't go over the 28Voc.
That is what they are telling me, they say I can use 300w panels as long as I don't exceed Voc.
It may be difficult to get 300W as there is a current limit of 8A. You may be able to get a bit over 200W but I'd imagine that's just about it. I'm now curious as to how much you can push into the EB55. I'm away for a few weeks, but when I return I may experiment max input at various voltages on my channel.

It may be difficult to get 300W as there is a current limit of 8A. You may be able to get a bit over 200W but I'd imagine that's just about it. I'm now curious as to how much you can push into the EB55. I'm away for a few weeks, but when I return I may experiment max input at various voltages on my channel.
I understand the current limits, I asked Bluetti the question because some campervans have 2x150w panels and would it be ok/safe to charge the EB70 with potentially 300wats.

Back