diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti EB70 - Turning itself off ?

jmoh

Got a EB70 yesterday, charged it to full and used it last night with a CPAP machine using the manufacturer's DC converter. Was pulling about 35watts. Turned itself off about 4-5 hours into the night. I could not get the EB70 to turn back on, this morning I checked it and it had 100% battery life. Does anyone know if this has an auto shutoff for low draw devices, "eco" mode? Thanks.

I have an email in to Bluetti Support...and I'm testing a small AC load right now to see if it does it again.

I've ran my 12v fridge off it for 24 hours +. Drawing about 45w. I'll try my cpap machine tonight.

It would shut off every time it hit ~80% on the gauge. Ended up returning it to Bluetti. There was something wrong with either the battery or the bms.

It would shut off every time it hit ~80% on the gauge. Ended up returning it to Bluetti. There was something wrong with either the battery or the bms.
I had similar problem with bluetti completely frozen, when pluggi.g in charger it would show 40% charge, 'short' orange sign on, display goes off after 30 seconds, no charging or turning on at all. Sent it back, waiting for a new one. Is your replacement eb70 working fine? Did you find out what was the problem..?

I had a similar problem with one of mine at first. It looked as if it was 80% charged but died when I tested my new 1000w kettle and the triangle warning came on. Put it on to charge on AC and it didn't seem to be working. 2 hours later removing the charger still left the warning showing and not even one bar. I really thought I would have to return it but after another hour or so it suddenly acknowledged being fully charged. Then it ran the kettle perfectly and afterwards my dehumidifier for several hours. I emptied it completely again and that time it showed progress as it charged. I think it is a display problem rather than a battery problem. It has happened again. Using a big load when it is showing less than half full triggers it, but I suspect this is because it isn't really as full as it says it is. So I just can't trust the display on that one. Luckily that one has Power Oak written on it while the other is branded Bluetti so I know which is which. The display on the other one seems reasonably accurate or at least as accurate as it can be in 20% chunks. They charge well and so I don't have much trouble keeping it topped up enough to keep it from discharging far enough to trigger that happening.
I searched on the issue and it seems fairly common.
But I still want another one despite the quirks. The 1000w inverter on the UK version and its portability make it ideal for my purposes.

According to amazon “Under ECO Mode (Default Setting), the AC outputs of BLUETTI EB70 will be turned off automatically in 4 hours when drawn under 10W power for power saving. If you would like to turn it off, please enter the 'settings mode' of the LCD screen to switch ON/OFF. We hope this design could make EB70 more controllable, especially for CPAP users.”

Regarding measurement of parasitic 'off' load from the EB70 while it's waiting to be turned on (since the battery can't be isolated), I fully charged it, left it for a month (4 weeks to the day), and to top the battery off, it only pulled 1 watt hour from the mains, so I can confidently say it has very little internal parasitic load while in storage.

Several times it has said that the battery is flat when it's not which is misleading. Not sure what triggers it. I probably overloaded it.
I think I had to fully recharge it before it said the battery was full.

Also slightly annoying is that it only says 0, 20, 40, 60, 80 or 100% for the state of charge reading, instead of a single percentage resolution like most smart phones do.

Back