diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti solar panel strangely burned/melted....

dm80218

I received a 120W Bluetti fold up solar panel about a month ago through their Indiegogo campaign and I have been testing
it with the AC200 since then. It is connected in series with a Sunpower 100W panel I have out on my third floor south facing balcony. A few days ago after a day of
full sunshine I noticed that the power from the panels was lower than it should have been so went out to check the panels.
And I noticed what you see in the attached photo on one of the panels, a pretty good sized burn/melt spot. When I touched
cell above the burnt one, the lower helf of it was very hot, so I measured the temperature of that area at over 300 degrees F! The rest of the panel
and the other panels were at 140 degrees F.

Anyone else who has one of these panels have this happen before? I have never heard
of this happening with any solar panel. Seems like maybe its a defective panel and the connections under those cells are not good so they are heating
up under high currents, Bluetti has been completely silent and I have asked them 3 times about this over the past 5 days.

Attachments

• IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 15
That's a nasty burn!

They should NOT be silent, but replace ASAP!
Clearly faulty product.

I don't know if they have Facebook, Twitter, or other Social media.

Post your pictures there and I'm sure you get swiftly the response they should have done from the start.

Good to hear!

Probably Corona pandemic makes reaction times slower then usual.
Many businesses work on half speed during the lockdowns.

I received a 120W Bluetti fold up solar panel about a month ago through their Indiegogo campaign and I have been testing
it with the AC200 since then. It is connected in series with a Sunpower 100W panel I have out on my third floor south facing balcony. A few days ago after a day of
full sunshine I noticed that the power from the panels was lower than it should have been so went out to check the panels.
And I noticed what you see in the attached photo on one of the panels, a pretty good sized burn/melt spot. When I touched
cell above the burnt one, the lower helf of it was very hot, so I measured the temperature of that area at over 300 degrees F! The rest of the panel
and the other panels were at 140 degrees F.

Anyone else who has one of these panels have this happen before? I have never heard
of this happening with any solar panel. Seems like maybe its a defective panel and the connections under those cells are not good so they are heating
up under high currents, Bluetti has been completely silent and I have asked them 3 times about this over the past 5 days.
Looks like hot spotting. Was there anything shading that area of the panel?

Thanks for the share.
I learned something today ?

For his brand new panels, some shade should not be been a problem, at all.

This happened to me today. Glad to know they easily exchanged it for you.

Attachments

• 4C297430-35C1-432D-85FF-6B3E90AF6D80.jpeg
    4C297430-35C1-432D-85FF-6B3E90AF6D80.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 21133E35-2066-4209-949F-8BE0BB9586B0.jpeg
    21133E35-2066-4209-949F-8BE0BB9586B0.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 11
Back