diy solar

diy solar

BMS apps

Hamburger33

i got a JBD bms with xiaoxiang app. i got a renogy 3500 all in one inverter/controller.

i got the renogy bluetooth box.

on the xiaoxiang app i get really slow up dates for the voltages and other data. i am using a samsung tablet. nothing is standard. i get one kinda reading from the xiaoxiang app. at the same time i get a much different reading from the renogy app and yet another reading from the lcd panel on the renogy inverter. i really dont know what i got. it super frustrating.

i got all my wring done right.

the bms will click several times and then shut off. is this normal for a JBD bms? when it disconnects it causes the renogy inverter to kick off.

its such a mess. i am scared to leave it on line. i watch it when its like 90% soc i turn it off. i get 3 different soc reports from the BMS from the app and from the inverter. help

What version of the app are you using? Last I checked, the version on the Play store was quite old. 1026 is the version I've been using and while it's not perfect, it's good enough.

Try the app on a phone instead of the tablet.

Check the voltages reported with a multimeter to verify.

i got 2 Samsung phone both don't work with that app. i got a Samsung table and it will work sometimes but doubt the data. i get different readings from the inverter and yet a different set of readings from a Smart BMS app. i had a old iphone my son gave me. it would sorta work. but now its been sold.

i think the JBD BMS and the Renogy solar inverter are not working together. at times the bms will click and click then shut off. i think the working voltages are set different on them and they won't work together. i can change the voltages on the inverter. but as for the app for the bms i can't do anything. it defaulted to flooded batteries and i could not change it to lipo. so i tried to input my personal voltages. but then the other readings were bad off. it would show my battery had 46.4 amps in reserve. but the battery is a 280 amp 16s. i tried a capasity check. i used a hair dryer set to high. 1500 watts it run for 3 hours no problem. that is far above and beyond the 46 amp hours the app shows.

i really hate all this mess. i think i should have bought a Victron

Victron what? Victron doesn't make a BMS for DIY batteries, only for their battery.

It's possible that the Bluetooth module of the BMS is bad. Replacing that would be my first step.
I think it's built in

Back