diy solar

diy solar

BMS cable solder or crimp to bus bar

Delphinus

I'm building an battery with 32 EVE LF105 in 2P16S and for the BMS cables I consider solder them to the bus bars, will give more work but I don't like to have a terminal the may interfere in the torque of bus bar screw, I know that some drill an hole in the bus bar and bolt the blm cable there but this will reduce the conductivity in that place.

Do you agree in solder, BMS is JK 150A 2A but it won't have much work cells are A from EVE all with 3,286V.

Compared to the bolt holes for the cell connections a small tapped hole for the BMS connection will have minimal effect on the buss bar resistance .
You will need a powerful soldering iron and skill to solder on plated copper.
A ring terminations under the cell fixing bolt/nut won't effect the clamping force of the fixing.

Mike

Also if you need to fault find - what a PITA to desolder those connections .

Compared to the bolt holes for the cell connections a small tapped hole for the BMS connection will have minimal effect on the buss bar resistance .
You will need a powerful soldering iron and skill to solder on plated copper.
A ring terminations under the cell fixing bolt/nut won't effect the clamping force of the fixing.

Mike
Powerful iron is not a problem I have one that a friend build for me many decades ago that solder any cable size it's very simple and last a life time it's a Diesel heater plug with 1cm copper bar has tip, only need a small 12V battery, skill is the problem but since plates are small with my iron station at 480ºC should solder easly.

You are right the ring terminal won't affect the clamping force but today I replace a lead battery that has one equaliser and the dent's on the bolt for don't unscrew grip on the terminal and rotate it, it's very hard give the right torque and keep the ring terminal in the desired position.

One doubt I have, do you guys check torque of bus bar every year? Cells expand and contract on a daily base I assume this will be a good practice.

Back