diy solar

diy solar

BMS feature wishlist

John Frum

Tell me your problems
I would like a NTC thermistor per cell plus one for ambient temperature.

In an ideal world I would like the cell producers to embed the sensor in the cell.
But in the real world you would need a standard interface and that probably won't happen.

I would like a NTC thermistor per cell plus one for ambient temperature.

In an ideal world I would like the cell producers to embed the sensor in the cell.
But in the real world you would need a standard interface and that probably won't happen.

Batrium cellmon has a temp sensor. When not balancing it returns the ambient temp at the cell terminal. When balancing it is used to protect the cellmon from overtemp.

The REC i use has instantaneous IR calculation. Is there a failure mode that will cause cell overtemp without triggering an IR warning?

I’m not too concerned about undertemp, i use a single ambient temp sensor located centrally to the battery.

It is a good idea to add a temperature sensor to each battery, which can effectively reduce the risk.

It is a good idea to add a temperature sensor to each battery, which can effectively reduce the risk.
This was what i was taking about. It’s more accurate to measure IR as a cell temp is only terminal temp or outside case temp.

What is the failure mode that would cause a significant temperature rise without having that cell differ in its IR from the average?

My BMS monitors battery temperature, but the IR reading is what i am relying on to alert me to an internal cell fault, or loose terminal connection.

Back