diy solar

diy solar

BMS for Schneider Conext

I've never read anything on the 4048 (it would be better if you include the entire model number) so I don't know anything about it.

The solar edge inverter will have multiple grid profiles, so you need to choose the correct one for regulations in your area, and read about that selection.

You'll need to look at the manuals for each inverter to inverter to see if they work with frequency shifting to curtail PV production.

I‘m about to purchase a solaredge grid tie inverter. I’m considering getting a used Schneider hybrid CONEXT 4048. Do you know if these two inverters can be ac coupled?
The SW4048 (like the SW4024) does AC coupling - provided you have updated firmware (something to think about if you are buying a used one). Updating the firmware is a precise process and requires either a Combox, Gateway or System Control Panel. Read up on it first.
My SW4024 is AC coupled with M-215 micro inverters (an older Enphase generation). The M-215s only know how to cut off and on (slam bang) according to frequency. More modern inverters have a gradual taper - you would have to check with Solaredge to be sure of that feature/capability.
In all cases, your battery should be sized to take the full output capacity of the AC inverter/s - generous headroom is well advised. Best.

The SW4048 (like the SW4024) does AC coupling - provided you have updated firmware (something to think about if you are buying a used one). Updating the firmware is a precise process and requires either a Combox, Gateway or System Control Panel. Read up on it first.
My SW4024 is AC coupled with M-215 micro inverters (an older Enphase generation). The M-215s only know how to cut off and on (slam bang) according to frequency. More modern inverters have a gradual taper - you would have to check with Solaredge to be sure of that feature/capability.
In all cases, your battery should be sized to take the full output capacity of the AC inverter/s - generous headroom is well advised. Best.
Thanks for the detailed response.

Hello all,

Old thread but looking for help. I have 2 Schneider XWs with a bank of lead acids I need to replace. I'm just begining this DIY LifePo4 process, built a 12 pack for another system as a means to educate myself. Now I'm preparing to go big and build 2 16S packs, maybe a total of 6 down the road. It would seem I have some problems ahead of me regarding Schneider and my BMS talking nicely to each other. The desire was to have a Batrium BMS. I can configure the XW's via LVBCO and AGS Triggers, but...

1- Not real accruate, right? Just voltage?
2- Does anyone have problems with inaccruate DC voltage displayed on the MCP? My voltage has always been off. I wing-it with my LA bank. The disparity changes from .3-.6 volts. I'm worried I can't even use voltage as triggers as they are inaccurage. I need to be preceise to not kill the batteries- or burn down my house.
3- The desire would be to have the BMS (Batrium???) send a trigger to stop inverting or stop charging. Period.

Thanks,
James

For #2, yes my voltage reading always has a similar error.
Supposedly the Schneider battery monitor is recommended to address this.

I have verified the most basic BMS communication between my Batrium and XW. I've sort of dropped the ball, but Batrium seemed interested in getting the verification that it worked.

Edit: I hit save on accident, oh well...

I'm out of town for the week, but I need to get back to this once I'm back. Could take a couple weeks, but I'm confident it will work with what little I've seen so far.

For #2, yes my voltage reading always has a similar error.
Supposedly the Schneider battery monitor is recommended to address this.

I have verified the most basic BMS communication between my Batrium and XW. I've sort of dropped the ball, but Batrium seemed interested in getting the verification that it worked.

Edit: I hit save on accident, oh well...

I'm out of town for the week, but I need to get back to this once I'm back. Could take a couple weeks, but I'm confident it will work with what little I've seen so far.
I have the Scheider BMS on my Lead Acid Batteries. I may not be using it to it's full potential, I need to explore that idea. On my system right now, I use Voltage Triggers to activate the Generator. This set up won't work with the LifePo4 upgrade. Without exploring the Scheider Battery Monitor, the triggers are based upon what I see on the SCP- those #'s are off. I Kentucky windage the voltage. It doesn't work very well with the voltage diparity changing often.

Can I ask what communication you have with your Batrium? How successful have you been?

I have the Scheider BMS on my Lead Acid Batteries. I may not be using it to it's full potential, I need to explore that idea. On my system right now, I use Voltage Triggers to activate the Generator. This set up won't work with the LifePo4 upgrade. Without exploring the Scheider Battery Monitor, the triggers are based upon what I see on the SCP- those #'s are off. I Kentucky windage the voltage. It doesn't work very well with the voltage diparity changing often.

Can I ask what communication you have with your Batrium? How successful have you been?

I don't have the battery monitor, so I can't speak to it working or not.

I wired the CAN lines from the Batrium to Schneider In Site Home, the Schneider could see SOC, that's as far as I made it

I wired the CAN lines from the Batrium to Schneider In Site Home, the Schneider could see SOC, that's as far as I made it
Gotcha. Thanks for the information.

I will say, the voltage on the Scheider Battery Monitor is the same incorrect voltage on the SCP- I just looked. I do find this shocking. It's wired right up to the bank... How on earth could it be wrong, and the "same wrong" as the SCP.

Weird.

I sure like Batrium, but I'm on a lead the the Orion Jr. 2 can be "bootlegged" to work. Another very helpful forum user has his shutting off inverting and charging with signals from the BMS.

I have the battery monitor and Batrium. I don't have any integration. The last I heard it was a work in progress. One thing i've noticed is the SOC from the batrium tends to be wrong.

What did you select for CAN modes on the Batrium and Site Home? The latest firmware for the Gateway has a fixed choice menu in the BMS setup with a selection of BYD, PylonTech, Kilovault, Fortress, Blue Ion, and Discover AES batteries. The Batrium doesn't have much overlap.

What did you select for CAN modes on the Batrium and Site Home? The latest firmware for the Gateway has a fixed choice menu in the BMS setup with a selection of BYD, PylonTech, Kilovault, Fortress, Blue Ion, and Discover AES batteries. The Batrium doesn't have much overlap.
I don't have Batrium... I'm still planning. I'm laying down the plans for either (2) 16S 280AH or 2P16S 560AH. Not sure how I'm going to proceed with the hanicap I have using Schneider.

I need some-sort-off protection- stopping the charging and inverting if the BMS says too.

I one of the pylon tech batteries. Not sure it matters which one. It seems they all use the same CAN protocol.

I one of the pylon tech batteries. Not sure it matters which one. It seems they all use the same CAN protocol.
hmm, Guess I don't follow. So you have a pylontech battery and wired the bms from the pylontech battery to the Home? Or perhaps, you set the Batrium to pylontech and the Home to pylontech?

The question I was answering was "how did you get your Batrium BMS to communicate with the Schneider inverter?"

I told both to talk like a pylon tech battery.

Yes, I suppose it is a work around.
No I do not have a pylon tech battery, if I did I would have no need for Batrium BMS.

The question I was answering was "how did you get your Batrium BMS to communicate with the Schneider inverter?"

I told both to talk like a pylon tech battery.

Yes, I suppose it is a work around.
No I do not have a pylon tech battery, if I did I would have no need for Batrium BMS.
Gotcha. My build is on the planning phase with Batrium on the way and cells top balancing. Until I get more hands on, my questions may be ignorant. Forgive me.

With Batrium and Schneider talking to like the python, what is the functionality?

Thanks

No problem, I just wasn't sure what was missing in my explanation. I often leave out important details that would be obvious to someone standing here next to me.

In theory the Batrium can controll the charge/discharge current. I suppose I should say limit the max charge/discharge current.
For example, if the cells are cold or hot you can limit the current. Or at high SOC, limit max charge current.

Also Schneider can base it's limits SOC, in place of min or max cell voltage. (I wouldn't recommend that, the Batrium SOC with the Schneider becomes inaccurate over time and needs to reset at specific cell voltage)

No problem, I just wasn't sure what was missing in my explanation. I often leave out important details that would be obvious to someone standing here next to me.

In theory the Batrium can controll the charge/discharge current. I suppose I should say limit the max charge/discharge current.
For example, if the cells are cold or hot you can limit the current. Or at high SOC, limit max charge current.

Also Schneider can base it's limits SOC, in place of min or max cell voltage. (I wouldn't recommend that, the Batrium SOC with the Schneider becomes inaccurate over time and needs to reset at specific cell voltage)
Have you succeeded? You mention in theory, does it work for your setup?

Thanks!

Back