diy solar

diy solar

BMS ideas for 280AH 16s EVE cell system from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan / Xuba

Pardon me but did you get all the information you needed for your BMS question? I'm waiting for the same number of the same kind of batteries to arrive but I'm also wondering about a BMS :) . Thanks.

I just ordered a Chargery. They now have Solid State relays that work with the bms for charge and/or discharge protection.

Just posted a video of the unboxing:

Thanks again. The chargery definitely looks interesting, if a bit complex. That should be okay for me I hope. I need to get the BMS and I need to figure out a way to top these new batteries off. Looks like I may need a charger that delivers a good amount of amps at their low-voltage. Bought a couple of 12 volt computer server Surplus AC power supplies. Nice and new but not sure I can use those to top off the 3 volt lfp batteries.

I don't have any issues.
If they where tested?
No idea.
What types of test are you referring to?

If I buy a mobile phone I don't ask the seller to do 10.000 possible tests, as that is (or should be) done in the factory.

The voltage was all 3.30v.
Just to be safe, I made one large parallel battery for 48 hours.

After this they got their spot together with the 3*152Ah (who where at 3.30v), making 736Ah per parallel set.

That was 22 days ago.
On average (now a 20A discharge) the cells are under 0.005v difference between them.
Even my active Balancer doesn't need to work :)

In 5 or 10 years...
Time will tell.
Hi,
Which active balancer do you have, is it one of those all in one bms/active balancer...?
I found one on aliexpress, cost 120$ (150A and 2A max active balancing).
Thanks

Hi,
Which active balancer do you have, is it one of those all in one bms/active balancer...?
I found one on aliexpress, cost 120$ (150A and 2A max active balancing).
Thanks

I had an 150A, 1A active balancing BMS.
And was happy puppy all the days that it worked!!

I really liked the idea, and waited several weeks for development to finish.
Sadly many Chinese tend to do QA testing in the field, by too early release...

From the fist batch (including mine), all got returned.
Several others have bought the updated version, and now it's a stable BMS.

As compensation I received the 1A active balancer for free when purchasing Daly 250A (smart was not yet released)

The Daly lasted almost 3 months, I received refund from Daly after returning......

To keep a long story short, the active Balancer is now my main "BMS" for about 140 days.

With it active balancing and my "perfect installation skills" it keeps all cells in pace.
I do feel the need to check several times a day to monitor my cell voltages is I'm personally the stop/start switch......

I'm now building the DIYBMS, that takes its time.
Mostly due my location, rural Thailand.
Hard to find parts local, and AliExpress is since Covid 19 exceptionally slow.
Even over 3 months to deliver parts.

I really liked the active balancer BMS, short but impressive.

The app is straight forward, easy to use and understand.

I like that it standard does cycle counting and SOC % estimation (it have shunt internally)

My 150A Daly smart...
Never even got to installing the app.
(I hope they updated that installation process)
It's eating dust now.
It "works" but needs me to pre-charge my inverters..
Something my wife and children aren't able to do.
It was supposed to work along side of the 250A...

With current quality issues of Daly, I doubt it could last long..

If the active balancer BMS would have been good at the start, it would have saved me tones of money and time..

In the last month's I learned a lot, and will have (once all up and running) 3 sections with my 80 cells, 48 X cell modules each capable of "balance" 850mA (dump load) (with heatsink up to 1.5A)
WiFi and open source.

Adruino skills are a pain to start to learn, once finished it's handy for all over the house for smart automation.

I had an 150A, 1A active balancing BMS.
And was happy puppy all the days that it worked!!

I really liked the idea, and waited several weeks for development to finish.
Sadly many Chinese tend to do QA testing in the field, by too early release...

From the fist batch (including mine), all got returned.
Several others have bought the updated version, and now it's a stable BMS.

As compensation I received the 1A active balancer for free when purchasing Daly 250A (smart was not yet released)

The Daly lasted almost 3 months, I received refund from Daly after returning......

To keep a long story short, the active Balancer is now my main "BMS" for about 140 days.

With it active balancing and my "perfect installation skills" it keeps all cells in pace.
I do feel the need to check several times a day to monitor my cell voltages is I'm personally the stop/start switch......

I'm now building the DIYBMS, that takes its time.
Mostly due my location, rural Thailand.
Hard to find parts local, and AliExpress is since Covid 19 exceptionally slow.
Even over 3 months to deliver parts.

I really liked the active balancer BMS, short but impressive.

The app is straight forward, easy to use and understand.

I like that it standard does cycle counting and SOC % estimation (it have shunt internally)

My 150A Daly smart...
Never even got to installing the app.
(I hope they updated that installation process)
It's eating dust now.
It "works" but needs me to pre-charge my inverters..
Something my wife and children aren't able to do.
It was supposed to work along side of the 250A...

With current quality issues of Daly, I doubt it could last long..

If the active balancer BMS would have been good at the start, it would have saved me tones of money and time..

In the last month's I learned a lot, and will have (once all up and running) 3 sections with my 80 cells, 48 X cell modules each capable of "balance" 850mA (dump load) (with heatsink up to 1.5A)
WiFi and open source.

Adruino skills are a pain to start to learn, once finished it's handy for all over the house for smart automation.
That's the active bms I plan to buy, it seems pretty good on paper (1A/2A Active Balance BMS Battery Protection Board 13S ~ 24S
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtg861B) and if you say that some others are happy with the last iteration of it including you with this last 1A version... then I'll take it.
I'm in computer sciences for many years, Arduino is not a problem, and like you, I will use it extensively in my new house which is under construction ( air quality control and ventilation, irradiation calculus and connection/disconnection of pv from the electrical resistance of the boiler, all unused wattage from pv will go to water heating).
Thanks a lot for your feedback, make me more confident to buy this Active Bms..??

It's the 11.11... nice prices on aliexpress, got the 150A, 1A balancing for 86€...…! If you guys plan on getting one... You got 24 h..?

Back