diy solar

diy solar

BMS Issues

Solargrow

Hello Knowledgeable Folks,
Yesterday I connected 4 x 16s 100a batteries to a brand new set of 3000w growatt parallel inverters. This morning I woke up and both inverters are off. I know these inverters need batteries to run so I checked them out and the batteries only read 6.5 volts at the BMS, but 43.6 volts at the battery terminals.
I'm using 2 Daly BMS and 2 ANT BMS. They all read the same. I'm assuming I had the low voltage cutoff on the inverter set lower than the BMS and so the BMSs shut off.
The problem is getting everything going again. What do I need to do? How do I get this going again?
Thank you

Charge the batteries.
Once the battery voltage gets above the release trigger the bms will enable the discharge path.

Don't forget to set the low voltage disconnect on the inverters appropriately.

I don't know about the Ant BMS but a typical fet based BMS allows charging even with the discharge fets are open.

Charge the batteries.
Once the battery voltage gets above the release trigger the bms will enable the discharge path.

I don't know about the Ant BMS but a typical fet based BMS allows charging even with the discharge fets are open.
I'll give it a shot. Thank you

Charge the batteries.

Okay. So I hooked up the charger to all 4 batteries and the inverters fired up. I removed the charger and everything stayed on and the inverter is charging.
Thanks for the guidance!

The low voltage disconnect on the inverter should be a higher value than the BMS. For example, if my inverter is set for 12.0 volts, my BMS is 11.8 volts.

Back