diy solar

diy solar

BMS JBD discharge port doesn't open

DR LiFePO4 Battery

Hi I'm new to the forum I am having problems with a JBD BMS 16S 48V, my inverter is a 48v growatt, I only use it from the electrical network further on I would use it solar, it is a project the jbd bms doesnt want to discharge,there's not way that i can turn on the discharge button on the xiaxiang app.if somebody know something about it,please let me know, Thanks

I am wondering if you need the app version that costs $6 (?) to do that and to make changes.

There is a new free Overkill solar app that may work (does not work for everybody for an undetermined reason).

Are your BMS settings a secret?
sorry they're not a secret,the thing is that I set them up like I saw in some youtube videos ,if you have some setting that works I'll change them,remember I'm new dealing with this,any advice will be welcome..thanks

any advice will be welcome
I recommend posting screenshots of your BMS settings. There is a lot of experience and quite a few eyes that are willing to help. Any recommendations on what settings to change are impossible (by me anyway) without any info on your system.

If you cannot turn discharging on, i would look at your low voltage disconnect and low voltage release settings.

Last edited:
I recommend posting screenshots of your BMS settings. There is a lot of experience and quite a few eyes that are willing to help. Any recommendations on what settings to change are impossible (by me anyway) without any info on your system.

If you cannot turn discharging on, i would look at your low voltage disconnect and low voltage release settings.

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3251.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3247.PNG
    IMG_3247.PNG
    376.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3248.PNG
    IMG_3248.PNG
    370.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3249.PNG
    IMG_3249.PNG
    346.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3250.PNG
    IMG_3250.PNG
    346.1 KB · Views: 27
on the third page under "Function configuration"
you have "switch"=enabled

There is probably a 2 pin switch header on the BMS
That switch header should have a jumper to short the 2 pins
Shorting those pins will close the discharge path
opening those pins will open the discharge path

If you don't have a switch header then try setting "switch"=disabled

on the third page under "Function configuration"
you have "switch"=enabled

There is probably a 2 pin switch header on the BMS
That switch header should have a jumper to short the 2 pins
Shorting those pins will close the discharge path
opening those pins will open the discharge path

If you don't have a switch header then try setting "switch"=disabled
Thanks You so much,I changed the switch to disable and now up and discharging good,thank you guys I'll be around???

I am having the same difficulty with the discharge button.
Can someone screen shot a picture of this jumper "wire". I am looking on my bms and I don't see any such thing. Yes, it is likely mine does not have a jumper but I would still be interested in seeing what it looks like and where it is located. Thanks

Back