diy solar

diy solar

BMS Limit Capacity?

Solargrow

Hello Again DIY Community,
If a BMS is reading a 48v 100a battery at 50a, will that prevent it from fully charging the battery?
I have a stack of 4x48v 100a lifepo4 batteries (19.2 kwh) and I can't get one of the ANT BMS to connect to it's app and it comes default set at 50a. My inverter says the stack only charges up to about 9.5kwh and I'm wondering if that BMS is the issue holding everything up.
Thanks in advance :)

To my knowledge the coulomb counter has no ability to limit BMS. It is concerned with voltage limits. You may want to put that BMS on the pack that has the closest cells since you don’t have the ability to visually monitor them.
Were all packs charged to the top before connecting together? Is the wiring well balanced? Have you checked to see if any of the BMS’s disconnect when you are close to full charge? Are all of the rest of the settings correct at default?

Do you mean BMS has over-current protection set at 50 amps, charging, discharging?
Do you mean BMS battery AH size is set to 50 AH's

Sounds like you have four separate BMS's on each four cell battery pack, is this correct?

Do you mean BMS has over-current protection set at 50 amps, charging, discharging?
Do you mean BMS battery AH size is set to 50 AH's

Sounds like you have four separate BMS's on each four cell battery pack, is this correct?
It's the second. The BMS comes programmed with the AH size set to 50 and I can't get in to change it. I don't know if that has any effect out not.
I have two packs with simple Daly BMS and two with the ANT BMS. The ANT both connect to Bluetooth but the app will only connect to one of them. I have a jbd BMS on the way to replace it but it will be a minute.
Otherwise I evened out the wiring and ran my main cables from the lower battery positive and the upper battery negative with cables of the same length.

Back